Ontario Police find Meth in Fords from Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
Well this isn't good... (Not blaming Ford clearly it's an intercept in between the plant to the dealerships)
https://www.guelphtoday.com/around-...d-in-spare-tires-of-new-vehicles-1263583

Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering meth stashed in spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped from Mexico

VAUGHAN - Ontario Provincial Police and its partners have released more information regarding an investigation into the smuggling and distribution of illegal drugs into Canada.

At a news conference today, OPP Deputy Commissioner Rick Barnum and Superintendent Bryan MacKillop explained how contraband drugs had been concealed in new vehicles built at a Ford Motor Company plant in Mexico being shipped via rail cars to Canada. Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering methamphetamine stashed within spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped.

I found 2 bales of marijuana other day in brand new fusion hybrid
wink.gif

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by TTK
Wonder how they planned to retrieve that stash?

There are most likely a few people on the transport dispatch side in the know where vehicles will end up at. There could be a few dealers that have employees that remove the spare tire when the vehicle arrives.

I would think the drugs will be recovered when the trains are between yards - most yards are decently secured by private security and the ones that are intermodal facilities, it's also secured by TSA and there's surveillance as well. There's lots of trackage between the major yards/nodes where trains will travel with little cover.

My Journey was made in Mexico and they didn't stuff it with meth because they didn't want to increase the value of the vehicles price which was already too high.
lol.gif

Also, Honda's having the same problem with transport from Mexico, only people are stealing parts off Fits and HR-Vs. Apparently since the Fit line was underutilized, they decided to send that back to Japan but that doesn't curb the pilfering off the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back