Working On The Forum?

On W10 Desktop ( MS Edge) when you "insert images" do not try to make it a full-sized attachment because
it already comes out that way. Trying to increase the size just doubles the picture now.
No big deal just saying.

On W10 Desktop ( MS Edge) when you "insert images" do not try to make it a full-sized attachment because
it already comes out that way. Trying to increase the size just doubles the picture now.
No big deal just saying.
You can simply just right click a photo, hit copy, then paste it directly into a post. No need to even use the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar. Once the photo inserts, you can grab a corner and size it smaller or larger.

You can simply just right click a photo, hit copy, then paste it directly into a post. No need to even use the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar. Once the photo inserts, you can grab a corner and size it smaller or larger.
On my cell I now have the attach button back but not on W10- it changes minute by minute-lol

On my cell I now have the attach button back but not on W10- it changes minute by minute-lol
My comment about copy & pasting photos was using Win10. On the cell phone seeems the insert photo icon (circled in red) is the only way to do it. Using a cell phone is about 1/10th as efficient as using a real computer, for me at least. :D

Capture+_2021-12-20-10-28-01-1.png

For the last hour I am getting different options for attaching like a more options button and then it disappears.
I guess we are getting updates eh???
Are you talking about the 3-dot menus that will show more icons? I've always seen the insert photo icon. The emoji insert icon is sometimes buried in a 3-dot menu expansion.

My comment about copy & pasting photos was using Win10. On the cell phone seeems the insert photo icon (circled in red) is the only way to do it. Using a cell phone is about 1/10th as efficient as using a real computer, for me at least. :D

View attachment 81634
Oh yeah I do that and yes very easy.
But I constantly see switching like this morning. Pretty weird.
Either a cell or desktop is easy..for me anyway. Saw the old attach button earlier. Thanks

Are you talking about the 3-dot menus that will show more icons? I've always seen the insert photo icon. The emoji insert icon is sometimes buried in a 3-dot menu expansion.
When I see it again I will screen capture it. No i know the three dot
but that's not it. No big deal but find it weird it presents different options that come and go.

Yes, cellphone fuctionality on BITOG is pretty easy and works decent, but I can do a post with photos and links in about 1/10th the time if using a real computer, especially if it's a long involved post.

When I see it again I will screen capture it. No i know the three dot
but that's not it. No big deal but find it weird it presents different options that come and go.
Menu Roulette :LOL:

I undid the changes, going to have to find something that works better.
Wooooooooooooo Mr. boss man..lol
It works fine and I am not complaining- I do love the left side attach button but I am
just giving the other Zee the tech run around but what I was seeing was real but in no way
was any option hard to use or user unfriendly.
Happy Holidays

It works fine and I am not complaining
Understood, the issue is anything that we implement has to work and have completely predictable behavior. The whole idea with removing the "Attach files" button is because we want photos to be inserted as a photo with the "insert photo" button, not a file with the "insert file" button.

And when inserted as a photo from the top tray the way it is now is fine because it gets posted without the end user
having to make it larger via an extra click so viewers don't have to click it. Some here didn't and
it can be annoying. That is the negative with the red to the left attach button. Of course, you know this already.

Back