WM Goodyear Reliants

Was planning to hold out until the spring for new tires but WM's Black Friday special @$95 each was too good to pass up. Had a local shop install them along with new OEM Pacific TPMS sensors (Denso re-boxed).

Initial observations are positive. They balanced out with minimal weights. Ride is smoother and bumps are more cushioned compared to the old Nexens. They hum slightly on certain road surfaces but it isn't too noticeable. Will see how they handle rain & snow. Made in Mexico but fresh stock, dated 41st week of 2023.

IMG_20231206_104513489_HDR - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMG_20231206_104524806 - Copy - Copy.jpg

i bought those last year for my kia before I sold it. Good deal/tire and much better than whatever korean stock tire was on there.

Brother put on his two $52 P195/65R15s on the front of his old beater Accord-he says “better than old Douglas ones”! I guess that’s good? Will report back on snow performance…

They look solid. Tread pattern looks very similar to the stock Wranglers that came on my '17 F150. I liked those too. They were quiet and seemed to be well wearing. I only kept the truck to about 50k miles and they were still at 6/32s. I'd say my favorite brand is Hankook, I've bought the most of them. I've always been happy with how they operated for the price, but I wouldn't say no to a set of Goodyears at the right price.

To be honest I've never had a bad set of tires. I've had Federal SS595s on a GTO(first set was Bridgestone RE040s), many sets of Hankooks on Jaguars(Ventus S2 and S1 Noble mostly), a couple of sets of Michelin Primacy MXM4s(one stock on an Edge and the other on our Tesla), and I have Dunlop Conquest Sports which came on my GTI brand new from the dealer when I bought it. Either I'm pretty complacent with tires(doubt it) or I've just been lucky.

Back