Goodyear Assurance All Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently replaced the tires on my Fusion with the Goodyears. Initial impressions are positive.

When I bought the car 17 months and 26,000 miles ago it had two new Mastercrafts on the rear, and two half-worn Mastercrafts on the front. About six months ago in a driving rainstorm I ran over a chisel that was in the road and destroyed one of the newer ones on the rear. The tire shop I limped the car to did not carry MCs so I put a Continental on the rear and left the two older MCs on the front.

After a few weeks or tire shopping I had settled on the Cooper CS3 as a decent value-priced tire that would fit my needs as a commuter all season tire. But when I went to make the purchase on Walmart's website, I saw the Goodyears on rollback for $79 each in my 205-60-16 size and T speed rating (regular price was $99, same as the Coopers) PLUS a $40 rebate from Goodyear. Sold. Tires have a 65,000 mile tread warranty.

Got them installed last week. So far ride quality is better than my previous worn/mismatched set, which was expected. Tires are very quiet. Car feels confident in the rain. No snow yet so no comment. Also I drive so easy that I can't comment on grip since I never corner at anywhere near the limit.

Dealing with WM tire installers was mostly painless. Tires arrived earlier than expected and, other than a 20-minute adventure getting rung out, it only took about 40 minutes to complete the job. Balance feels dead-on. I watched the tech hand torque all four tires. The receipt also said they set the pressure to 32 pounds and a later check with my gauge showed they were all PRECISELY at 32, even though the door tag says 34
confused.gif

Even at full price I think the Assurance is a solid choice. For $325 including install (minus rebate) they appear to be a screaming bargain.

Great deal! We have the GY Assurance Fuel Max on our Camry. Got a similar deal on them about a year or so ago. So far my only complaint is they are quite noisy. Probably wouldn't buy them again because of this.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Great deal! We have the GY Assurance Fuel Max on our Camry. Got a similar deal on them about a year or so ago. So far my only complaint is they are quite noisy. Probably wouldn't buy them again because of this.

Yes TireRack had bad reviews on them. The Michelin Defenders and Continental TrueContacts were both highly rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back