Wix XP - What is this black stuff inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what is this black stuff inside the WIx 57356XP?

56wq.jpg

I used that as a paint filter on my airbrush system. I put it back on the shelf were I bought it
smile.gif

Seriously, look for a auto-topsy and pics on this filter somewhere ... does on the surface seem to be an excessive application of "goop".

As long as it doesn't affect the functionality of the bypass, then I am comfortable using it. I wish I noticed it before buying it.

Initial plan was for up to 2 OCIs and 15k miles total.

Lots of metal capped filters have signs of glue in that area. This filter has a somewhat excessive amount as shown in the photo, but I highly doubt it's going to pop off the metal.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Adhesive between the media and end caps. You can see it squeezing out of the lowest holes in the center tube.

If that's the case, then the adhesive would be blocking some of holes that the oil is supposed to be flowing through.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
I wonder what WIX would have to say about it? Send them the picture and find out.

THIS ^^^^ !!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I was just thinking of trying a Wix XP. . . . then I saw this thread. . . .

I have 3 of these in stock with one having a dented can that I was sent a replacement for and didn't have to send back. The dented was sitting within arms reach so I took a peek. At first I thought I saw no adhesive but it's there. A nice smooth layer that looks as thick as it needs to be and no more. Nothing like the pic above.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have emailed Wix and look forward to their response. I will update this thread upon receipt of their reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back