WIX or PureOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been a fan of Mobil 1 filters, but lately, their price has been a thorn in my side.

Which filter do u guys recommend amoing these similarly priced brands:

Wix/NAPA Gold
PureOne
Denso
Nipon

Thoughts are much appreciated
bowdown2.gif

Wis is usually very highly regarded around here as a great quality filter at a good price. I have to agree.

Mobil 1 is an outstanding filter, but I don't know if they are quite the same beast now that they have come up with the extended version with that e-core construction technic.

I'd lean towards NAPA/Wix (as I use them on my own vehicles). However, if the Pure One was easier to get, it wouldn't bother me to use one. The Pure One appears to be a quality filter as well (when ignoring the leaf style spring).

Mobil 1 filters are HOW much, and they are now e-cores? No thanks!

Like many oil-obsessed nuts Gary, I can't bring myelf to leave a filter alone when I change the oil!

I done did read on tha interweb that them thar Pureones can filter out leptons from yer oil.

Quote:

Mobil 1 filters do NOT use the e-core construction.

^^ this is true,they are NOT e-cores!!!!

and AA has them now for $8.88, nice deal for a great filter,
i don't use anything else.

Quote:

Quote:

If I can't get an Amsoil EAO filter, I would use the M1 offering or a Purolator pure one as a third choice.

Harry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If I can't get an Amsoil EAO filter, I would use the M1 offering or a Purolator pure one as a third choice.

Harry

I'd like to give the Amsoil EAO a run but just can't get past that sticker shock
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

It's not for everyone. I don't recommend it unless the user is going to get the mileage out of it. Naturally, you've got to pay a premium for the finer level of filtration ..but if you're going to be dumping your sump or changing your filter too often (one or the other - both) then it just doesn't make sense. I'm on my third 5k sump in testing PP 5w-20 in my wife's jeep. If I take it another 5k ..that will be over a year.

"Mobil 1 filters are HOW much, and they are now e-cores? No thanks!"

What's so wrong with ecores? If its the nylon core you're worried about, tests have been done by Champion Labs, showing that the collapse strength of ecores is higher than none ecores.

Mobil 1's price, if you're not willing to pay a premium price for a premium filter you might as well just go buy one of those $1 Chinese filters. Jeez! its not like you're getting ripped off

"Mobil 1's price, if you're not willing to pay a premium price for a premium filter you might as well just go buy one of those $1 Chinese filters. Jeez! its not like you're getting ripped off "
------------------------------------------------------------------------

But these are our obsessions!

Quote:

Wis is usually very highly regarded around here as a great quality filter at a good price. I have to agree.

Mobil 1 is an outstanding filter, but I don't know if they are quite the same beast now that they have come up with the extended version with that e-core construction technic.

This is where M1's and e-core were mentioned. Maybe this person can elaborate on this for us.

Just for the record, Mobil 1 is not and probably never will be e-core. Champion makes their filters off of specs provided to them by companies. Mobil 1 doesnt want ecores, they already have their filter the way they want it, but thats not saying ecores are junk. The ecore style allows for separation of every internal piece of the filter, so different parts can be recycled, discarded, etc. The dual adbv/relief valve, is as good as coventional non-ecore, the filter endcaps are thermally "welded" to the media(beat that Fram!), and the nylon core has a higher collapse strength than conventional metal tube centers. The medias in the filters were not messed with. The filters happen to be shorter now, but that is just because Champion can fit all the same components of a normal filter in a smaller canister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back