WIX or PureOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the flow rate and beta ratio of the pureone L14610 and L14477 filters, and if so can you show me where that info is listed online? I use the wix 51356 and 51396 but I looked up the pureone L14610 and L14477 filters and I found poorly detailed specs about them, no flow rate, no beta ratio, ect on their site or anywhere else online. That makes me leary of trying them if their own site wont list all the details. I guess they expect us to believe their claims of being #1 without showing evidence to back up that claim but unless I see it I'll be staying with wix.

Quote:

Does anyone know the flow rate and beta ratio of the pureone L14610 and L14477 filters, and if so can you show me where that info is listed online? I use the wix 51356 and 51396 but I looked up the pureone L14610 and L14477 filters and I found poorly detailed specs about them, no flow rate, no beta ratio, ect on their site or anywhere else online. That makes me leary of trying them if their own site wont list all the details. I guess they expect us to believe their claims of being #1 without showing evidence to back up that claim but unless I see it I'll be staying with wix.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post944726

No flow rates were mentioned, but purolator claims to meet or exceed OEM requirements so flow is not an issue. If it was less than OEM youd probably see alot of destroyed engines who use purolator, so far I have seen 0.
Just because a wix/ng can push out 12 gpm does not mean your engine can.

Quote:

12 gpm would be an incredible volume of oil. I doubt the average (although the average auto isn't as average as it once was) engine may be able to use 5 gpm at a decent rpm. 12gpm would be something exceptional ..or under exceptional circumstances.

Every (normally unpublished) filter spec that I've seen rates the filter for PSID @ 10gpm indexing the fluid visc used. That leads me to believe that any ff filter is designed for 11 or 12 ..probably more. I don't think that they would have a testing criteria that approached the real tolerance of the tested item. The bypass valve rating limits the PSID for too heavy a fluid.

Domm thanks for the link but it doesnt work because its the shorthand version. Sometimes you have to access it and then the full url will be available to copy and paste once youre in it. I just copied and pasted the post # to the end of this threads url as linked below and I saw the message.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=944726

Quote:

Champion will not give the efficiency for ST because that info belongs to ST. Champion says I need to contact ST, but ST does not seem to have a way of contacting them.

This is what I was trying to link to:

From Purolator's filter hotline
Premium Plus:

40 Micron: 100%
30 Micron: 99.9%
25 Micron: 99.5%
20 Micron: 97.2%
15 Micron: 90.3%
10 Micron: 70.6%
5 Micron: 30.8%

PureOne:

40 Micron: 100%
30 Micron: 100%
25 Micron: 100%
20 Micron: 99.9%
15 Micron: 99.2%
10 Micron: 92.8%
5 Micron: 51.3%

Quote:

Quote:

12 gpm would be an incredible volume of oil. I doubt the average (although the average auto isn't as average as it once was) engine may be able to use 5 gpm at a decent rpm. 12gpm would be something exceptional ..or under exceptional circumstances.

Every (normally unpublished) filter spec that I've seen rates the filter for PSID @ 10gpm indexing the fluid visc used. That leads me to believe that any ff filter is designed for 11 or 12 ..probably more. I don't think that they would have a testing criteria that approached the real tolerance of the tested item. The bypass valve rating limits the PSID for too heavy a fluid.

One wix filter I use has a flow rate of 7-9gpm, and the other is 9-11gpm. I doubt they will ever flow that amount on my engines but the reason I mentioned it along with the beta ratio is because with other brands usually you are given that info. Again I dont know why they expect people to buy their filters when they have no way of knowing what that filter can do. To me the beta ratio is vital. I do not want to use filters that only trap large particles.

Those are good #'s domm thanks for the info. The pure one #'s are actually better than the 2/20=6/19 beta ratios on the wix filters Im using. I'll have to find who all sells them.

Quote:

Those are good #'s domm thanks for the info. The pure one #'s are actually better than the 2/20=6/19 beta ratios on the wix filters Im using. I'll have to find who all sells them.

What wix filter are you using? The beta ratio for mine (51040) is an appalling 2/20=15/31

Quote:

dommiel74
Are these single pass or multi-pass results?

I have no Idea, its not my post I was just linking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back