WIX/NAPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a WIX 51036 and a NAPA gold 1036 the absolute exact same filter in every specification and detail?

My source for WIX filters just retired and sold the business and the new owners don't carry WIX.

Either is a darn good filter and I would use either with the same amount of confidence!
wink.gif

I have heard on this site that the Napa is the exact same filter as Wix but for the label. It has been discussed in many threads and there is a member here who worked/works for Wix whom I believe also said this.

They should be the same. Just drop the first number on the wix number to find the napa part number. That's how they do all their filters. Go to fleetfilter.com. They are cheap plus you can look up all the specs on the filters.

Wix and Napa Gold are the same thing, but not true of Napa's lower level offerings. Same can be said for Car Quest; their top shelf filters are rebadged Wix, IIRC. Both retailers have lower lever offerings that might be made by Wix (or others) but not to the same standard as Wix brand name stuff. But their top shelf stuff is truly rebadged Wix.

So, in Napa Gold, a 1515 Napa Gold is the same as a 51515 Wix, and so on. Just drop the first number from Wix and you get the Napa Gold filter number.

There are some rare oddities that I can't explain, but have noticed. For example, typically the Wix/NG stuff has silicone ADBVs. But there are a few filters that break this tradition.
21.gif
Take for example the contrast of 1358 and 1365. Same gasket size, same thread pitch, etc. The 1365 is just a tad shorter, and has a silicon ADBV, while the 1358 has a nitrile ADBV, and is a tiny bit taller. I choose the 1365 over the 1358, even though I lose a small amount of media; makes no difference in my GL1800 5-6k mile OCIs. 1365 is actually less expensive as well!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Either is a darn good filter and I would use either with the same amount of confidence!
wink.gif

Would you say that any Wix or Napa Gold Filters are good, or just these models? I once thought a Wix was a cheap filter and used to buy Honda filters for my Civic, but maybe I was wrong.

Is Wix a good bang for your buck filter?

Wix is not a "cheap filter". It is a stout, well constructed filter.

Fr*m, SuperTech and STP are cheap filters.

(Well, Fr*m is an overpriced, cheaply made filter...)

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Wix is not a "cheap filter". It is a stout, well constructed filter.

Fr*m, SuperTech and STP are cheap filters.

Good to know this stuff. I guess my days of buying Nissan OEM filters are gone. :)

It's okay, though Fram is a bad word to some, you don't have to bypass the censors with this word.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kestas

It's okay, though Fram is a bad word to some, you don't have to bypass the censors with this word.
grin2.gif

I don't want to give them any sort of promotion by using their name.

I do have some morals and standards... (*grin*)

The guy that owns the local Auto Value told me that Parts Master filters are rebadged Wix filters as well.

Thank you very much gents. Fortunately I found another supply for Wix very close by.

I like those fleet filter prices. I think I will order a supply from them for all our different vehicles, tractors, lawn mowers. Great prices.

Originally Posted By: sdan27
The guy that owns the local Auto Value told me that Parts Master filters are rebadged Wix filters as well.

The Parts Master PF-52 size filter I have is made in China, and doesn't look like a Wix... the bottom is sealed, however.

Originally Posted By: Kestas

grin2.gif

Hey, that leads to a great idea. Why not use the word FRAM every time we want to cuss and swear on this site. Sure would look better than a series of *****. Here, I'll start the ball rolling with an example:

To FRAM with it!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back