Oil filter cross reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go to synpower 5W-20, I want to go oversized on the filter. I was told by a good member on there that the Wix 51036/NAPA Gold 1036/Fram PH3890 size is the perfect oversize filter for the 2.2L. The filter will be a Bosch Distanceplus with the AAP sale. I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know what the Bosch DP cross reference is for this size?

If nothing else, you could look a the list of applications for the NAPA or FRAM, and write down one of the really common ones (S-10 pickup, perhaps?). You can then ask at the counter or look in the book at AAP to find the Bosch DP #.

Hope this helps. I have had to do this once or twice.

Best

Originally Posted By: mrfd222
why 5-20 in a 2.2?

It's kind of as an experiment. colt45ws said he used it in his and it ran fine. Mine seems to dislike thicker oil (maxlife 5W-30 for example). I want to see how the 5W-20 runs in it, and I decided that Synpower was my top pick at the moment. In addition, I want to see if there is any noticeable difference on the butt dyno, and in fuel efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only PF52/PH3980 type filter I could fit on my 2.2/3T40 was the ECore type since it was slightly shorter. Regular filters I found too long and would not fit as they were too close to the speed sensor.
You can give it a shot, but have a backup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back