Wix Fuel fitlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAPAs in my area carry two grades of fuel filters. The Napa Gold is the better of the two. When my wife came home with the "lesser" one, it didn't include all of the extra plastic clips required. When she returned with the Gold one, it included everything required to change the filter.

I don't remember anything negative here about WIX. On the other hand, I have seen very little suggesting the extra expense over say a Purolator Premium Plus makes a bit of difference. Much of the extra expense is due to selling through jobbers with low volume and high markups. If you feel a high price automatically means it works better, buy them. If you want proof, look elsewhere. Yeah, they are better than Fram, and maybe the new Champions, but there are other brands that may be just as good.

I've used NAPA Gold fuel filters (WIX)with no issues in the past. Worth more than another filter? Probably not, but I prefer my local Napa over my other choices, so there you go!

My only comment would be that the last one I put on my Jeep Cherokee was made in China, and the outside shell is rusitng after 1 winter. Never had a problem with these before.

No kidding Wix is doing China thing now to? That is disappointing news. I refuse to buy any filter made in China, after looking at how crude some of their air filter are.

WIX is a HUGE supplier of filters to ag and construction equipment service shops and dealers.

I worked at seperate ag and construction equipment dealers 10 years ago and they stocked nothing but OEM and WIX filters.

Those filters make our auto filters look like baby food jars stuffed with Kleenex!

I have used WIX fuel and oil filters before w/ no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back