Wix FIlters in Charlotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be NAPA gold....only sold at your local NAPA (Genuine Parts if googling) I think all of them are wix.

Some made in Gastonia, some Mexico.

No NAPA Auto Parts stores? THey have Wix as NAPA Gold. Or go to the Baldwin filters site and you can search for where they are sold in your area. Baldwin is another high quality filter.

O'Reilly's can get them if they don't stock them. At the local stores here, they are behind the counter items and not out on the floor with oil, etc. Call the nearest O'Reilly's and ask.

If you have a Carquest store in your area, the Carquest Blue label filter is exactly the same as a Napa Gold filter, both of which are Wix filters. They are both re-badged Wix filters with the Napa or Carquest logo.

If you are interested, the Napa ProSelect and Carquest Red label filters are identical to each other and both are made by Wix for Napa and Carquest to Napa and Carquest's specs.

Most are. I imagine that they'll be forced to transition more and more to foreign manufacturing.

Went to O'Reilly's just the other day and noticed the Wix for the wife's PT Cruiser was over $6 and I can get the Purolator Classic for under $4. Penny saved.... I should see what MC filter cross-references for the Purolator. I would like to buy local and support a North Carolina business.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
Went to O'Reilly's just the other day and noticed the Wix for the wife's PT Cruiser was over $6 and I can get the Purolator Classic for under $4. Penny saved.... I should see what MC filter cross-references for the Purolator. I would like to buy local and support a North Carolina business.

When I drove Chryslers I would typically pay a buck or two extra for the Wix. That coil spring for the bypass valve just gave me a good feeling! I never felt bad about using a purolator though if I was too lazy to find a Wix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back