Wix 51348 with a Mann Tapping Plate

I came across this short on YouTube, of someone that got a Wix 51348 that appears to be a Mann filter design with Wix branding in a Wix Box, I've found a company "All Pro Trucking" that has photos of this new variant in their listing.

Actually I just found a post where someone got what appears to be a Motorcraft FL910S with Mann W7015 branding

Guy sounds clueless to me. What I see looks to be a classic Euro Mann oil filter design. And it either has an adbv or it doesn't. Euro Mann uses a gray-ish silicone adbv, and some are made in China now. The Euro Mann at least as good as the "Wix" with Puro design or better. Waste of a minute.

Guy sounds clueless to me. What I see looks to be a classic Euro Mann oil filter design. And it either has an adbv or it doesn't. Euro Mann uses a gray-ish silicone adbv, and some are made in China now. The Euro Mann at least as good as the "Wix" with Puro design or better. Waste of a minute.
110% truth

Just found this... and oddly it's my short video.

With that said... when you've been using one filter type for a decade on someone's vehicles... and the design changes substantially... it looks sub par.. and it's country of origin changes... it makes you question it's quality. I'm sorry that I'm clueless when it comes to classic Euro Mann filter designs as I don't typically use any of their filters. The few that I have ran have been cartridge style... not canister.

With that said... when you go from one design shown to the other... having no experience with the Mann design... you're saying you wouldn't question it? The video only tells half the story too... the filter was super light... the labeling was terrible... the filter I spun on my lawn mower this spring looked and felt better. This one just "felt" cheap... if that makes sense. I showed the owner of the vehicle.. he said "hell no"... and took it back. Got another 51348 off the shelf and it was the original design and labeled "Made in the USA". He bought all they had on the shelf so he would have them for a bit yet.

Anyways... that's all I've got.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
.....With that said... when you go from one design shown to the other... having no experience with the Mann design... you're saying you wouldn't question it? The video only tells half the story too... the filter was super light... the labeling was terrible... the filter I spun on my lawn mower this spring looked and felt better. This one just "felt" cheap... if that makes sense.
Questioning it is one thing. Automatically assuming and/or stating it's an inferior ("crap") and/or substandard oil filter is another. As noted, what I can see from the limited non dissected pic appears to be typical Euro Mann OF construction, as explained in my previous post. Those have generally been highly respected OFs here and elsewhere. Mann has moved some "Euro" production coo to China, perhaps explaining some of the negative impression. My reaction based on those facts and knowledge.

Last edited:
Back