Wiper Blades..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Valeo Smartblades are pretty good for a good price. I've only seen them at Sam's though and I think they're made by the same people who own the Peak brand.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm

I second the Valeos as they have been tested as the longest lasting, not necessarily the best wiping. Also a test By Autocar in the UK seemed good. Auto Car Wiper Test

That is the worst test I have ever seen in my life.

I'm bummed that PIAA stopped making their "Super Graphite" wiper inserts. They fit OEM wiper blades and lasted a long time in my old Honda. I guess what I may try for the Mazda are the "Super Silicone" inserts. If they perform well they should last significantly longer than natural rubber wipers - at least other brands of silicone blades have done so for me in the past.

I just put on a set of the Goodyears, which, since according to some on here, the Silblades are now offshored as well (but the company still SWEARS they ARE ALL made here, so WHO knows for sure??
21.gif
) are the ONLY ones still made HERE.
34.gif

Hard to beat for $7.99 a beam blade, even better yet if one can catch the afforementioned Costco BOGO on them!
thumbsup2.gif

The Valeo beams they are replacing cost $22.00 + shipping on the Tire Rack BOGO (when they still had it), and were torn to shreds in < 9 months.
frown.gif

If you like beam blades, the Rain-X Latitude are great. They held up for 2+ years on my car. They didn't perform like they did when they were new but it was more than acceptable. They're pricey though so I elected to use normal blades when I changed them out.

^^Tripledge use to be sold at Wally World for about $7. Jamak even made them in the USA at the time. You can still buy them online. I found them to have a lifespan of about three years, and that was for cars kept outdoors. They would not wipe cleanly on my old Honda, but I used them on others' vehicles.

I too have had good luck with the OEM honda ones.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
OE Honda: the very best there is. Five bucks each for the refill (also known as the "rubber").

But I'll bet you threw your OE wiper blades in the garbage after you installed your aftermarket parts. In that case, $50 each to replace, THEN it's five bucks each after that.

You may also want to try cleaning the GLASS, with Windex or equivalent. That's pretty important, but won't fix lousy aftermarket rubber quality.

Anco...seriously. Best ones I have ever bought, and they were like $7 for each complete blade (not inserts).

I used to use Bosch, thinking because they were Bosch they had to be better. When the last pair actually fell apart after a year (inserts starting tearing), I went to the store for replacements. The only Bosch's in my size looked weird...the newer aero style or whatever, plus they were expensive. The only normal, OEM looking blades were the Ancos at $7 each. I bought those and they are still working GREAT after a year. No smearing or streaking. I have wiped them off with a wet rag maybe twice. I probably won't be buying Bosch again.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
http://www.raineater.com/ absolutely the best i have ever used. in the ohio weather which eats them

I like the BEAM Styly wiper designs. I've been using the Rain-X Latitude/Repel on 3 different vehicles all haveing different size wipers on both sides... and we Love'em! Over 2 yrs now.

These Raineater look similar and I'm sure they're a great blade. When my R-X wearout, I may consider them but, I've been getting the R-X with rebates or at BIG LOT's for $10. Can't beat that price with a stick...for a realy good quality & deisgned blade
smile.gif

Last edited:
I tried the Bosch Steel Tech (conventional blade) and I love them.....very superior product...

But yea, pricey at $9 a blade
wink.gif
Better than $15

This isn't a slam nor sarcasm so, please don't take it this way(those in warmer states). But, I have noticed that those who live warmer states which include decent winters, seem to like what ever they're using. I believe that the warmer temps are to it's credit.

OTOH, those in the North and in Canada are a bit more specific as to what we like due to the lower temp in the harsh winters.

I think any wiper works will in good weather and warmer temps even down into the 30's deg F. While we in the colder states(winters only) need wipers that stay plyable in the deep cold below 0 deg's F and colder.

These are the wipers that I comment on. The wipers than can handle the fridged cold of that winter blast and still keep the windshield clear without streaking/chattering!

I have tried lots of wiper blades over the years including actual Anco & Trico winter wiper blades which lasted about 3 months.

Each vehicle is different and each owner needs to find which brand works best on their vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
OTOH, those in the North and in Canada are a bit more specific as to what we like due to the lower temp in the harsh winters.

I think you're pretty close to the mark there. Add dry states to the mix and even better. Heck, we had a dry summer, and I thought my worn blades were perfect. After all, they never got used for me to complain about them.
wink.gif

Thank you Garak!
What I have noticed in the summer time with worn blade rubber is, that they stay plyable due to the heat and clean the windshield quite well without streaking during the rain. It's that bitter cold where one can see the difference in wiper blades performance.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
This isn't a slam nor sarcasm so, please don't take it this way(those in warmer states). But, I have noticed that those who live warmer states which include decent winters, seem to like what ever they're using. I believe that the warmer temps are to it's credit.

True. Wipers seem to last 2-3 years in So Cal, factory filled wiper usually lasted 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back