Winter storm “Landon”

As most know, we had pouring rain yesterday and day before. 7pm last night it was sleet til????

2:40am my road was sheet of glass. Needless to say I will not take another car payment due to this “ice storm/event”. Half hour the ole’ Camry was defrosted and ice free. We definitely had 2” ice here. Only 2”~ snow that was powder.

Lots of towns around me don’t have power, I do. Donate platelets tomorrow, then girlfriend and I will check on few friends without power and bring them some food etc

Sorry - he's was the first guy I thought of with the storm name.
We had a lot of rain and sleet and now snow. The genny's are ready and the wood stove is cookn'.

My wife drove my company Escape riding on Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in today.

I remember back in 1977 maybe 1978 I was driving truck and got a motel room for the night in Ft. Wayne Indiana. That night I woke up and it was storming really storming , it didn't stop storming for what I remember 3 days and there seemed to be 4 feet of snow everywhere when it stopped storming . It took a week before the roads were cleared and I could leave.

My generator has been parked on my back deck with a cover over it for 3 weeks. We’ve had snow and or sleet for the last 3 weekends With a slight chance of precipitation forecast for Sunday. No power outages yet but just in case….(y)

It’s sunny here, our snow stopped around 11am. The slush ice underneath was melting quick when i did sidewalks.

Did I mention I hate off street parking. School district property but they say they can’t maintain it in winter. Basically they saying “screw you”

2-3" of sleet on top of a coating of ice here. Was able to clear the sidewalk with the single stage after like 3-4 passes to get down to the ice to put down ice melt. Definitely ideal use case for single stage, since it actually scrapes off layers of sleet with the auger

4 inches of snow total here in the Syracuse area. Was planning on a lot more. A lot of stuff closed early last night, just for the storm to miss us apparently.

One media company started making up names for winter storms. Everyone else involved in weather reporting wishes that they would quit doing it.

As most know, we had pouring rain yesterday and day before. 7pm last night it was sleet til????

2:40am my road was sheet of glass. Needless to say I will not take another car payment due to this “ice storm/event”. Half hour the ole’ Camry was defrosted and ice free. We definitely had 2” ice here. Only 2”~ snow that was powder.

Lots of towns around me don’t have power, I do. Donate platelets tomorrow, then girlfriend and I will check on few friends without power and bring them some food etc
Let's Go Landon! Sorry. I'm warped.

I got stuck in my driveway pulling out of the garage to go to work this morning. Had to miss work.

Do you have to use a vacation or sick day if weather prevents you from making it work ?

Or do you have a bucket of personal business days you use ?

Last edited:
11-12 inches for me in N.Ohio. However the Weather Channel is the only one who will remember the double winter storm system occuring on 2/3/22 as Landon. The name is meaningless to me.

Do you have to use a vacation or sick day if weather prevents you from making it work ?

Or do you have a bucket of personal business days you use ?

Sick day as where I live the county sheriff declared a level 2 snow emergency. A few of my co-workers live in a adjoining county that declared a level 3 snow emergency and weren't allowed to go to work.

e3310e51-a000-4964-9aff-3688a41eef72_1140x641.jpg

Went down hill on Washington county this morning. Delayed the platelet donation til next weekend.

Gave 13 co workers food, blankets and some perishable food stuffs. Least I can do since they haven’t had power since Thursday

Back