windshield sun shade

If you haven’t already done it, I would consider a ceramic window tint to help keep out the heat. Clear window films are available if you don’t want a darker window. I live near Austin, TX, and they really help reduce the interior heat. All of my family “daily” vehicles got ceramic tints if they weren’t already tinted when I bought them.
This, ceramic tint even the ones that are not dark make a huge difference.

I have one of these for my car. Good quality and the fit is real nice.

Thanks! Removing the ones with the suction cups easy? I saw some YT vids those holes where the suction cups goes just as a reinforcement sticker around the hole. How has this been holding up from constant removing?

I've used Heatshield products for the better part of +20 years. They work and they fit (sometimes) but TBH, I would pass. Their life is around 5 years max; how they're treated greatly determines their useful life. YMMV.

Some tend to crease longitudinally just on their own. Once this happens, they don't stay behind the visors and start to sag. Abuse (putting creases in them) tends to hasten this process.

View attachment 108571
Lexus: Sags, torn, delaminated, ballooned. Abuse hastened its demise. Ready for the trash bin. This one didn't fit properly - was about 4 inches (total) too short longitudinally. Approximately 5 years old.

Even taken care of, the frequent unrolling/rolling takes its toll. I've had 5 or 6 of them for the Legend. I'm ready to find another brand.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forget to mention. On hot Central Valley days, they get hotter than Hades. So much so, you can't handle them to roll them. My wife just tosses them unrolled into the back seat (abuse).
Thank you for your review, I thought heatshield had a lifetime warranty, I just checked and its only 1 year. Im assuming its used everyday since you are in sunny california?

For only 27C-30C? I wouldn't be spending much.

Very happy with my Covercraft:

View attachment 108582

For some freak weather it was 31C with humidex it felt like 40C for a few days lol. So far im leaning towards just the windshield.

If you haven’t already done it, I would consider a ceramic window tint to help keep out the heat. Clear window films are available if you don’t want a darker window. I live near Austin, TX, and they really help reduce the interior heat. All of my family “daily” vehicles got ceramic tints if they weren’t already tinted when I bought them.

I didn't know that, I will have to look into ceramic window tint. If it helps in TX heat then this is something I would do. I need to replace my tint anyways, too many scratches.

I second the Intro-Tech. I bought two and have been impressed.
I have not been pleased with how “saggy” the shade for my car has become (about 4 years old). I have had better luck with the CoverKing windshield screens. Might just be luck of the draw.

Using 2 piece orange with orange emojis. It was a $ 1.50 on a WalMart closeout last fall. Perfect for the new truck and they tuck into the corners of the windshield well. So far these have not puked out vinyl smoke, maybe because it is parked in the garage most of the time.

I ordered and just received an Tntro-Tech (Ultimate Reflector) to replace the Heatshield sun shade for the Lexus. Thanks to those that recommended it.

This is more like it; rigid, fits nicely, folds easily and stays in place. Not exactly cheap but hopefully, it will last a while. The only thing is I have to move the rear view mirror to put the shade up and re-adjust it after use. No where near a game changer.

Back