Windshield stain help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a "stain" on my windshield that appears to be maybe tree droppings or acid rain that only appears when the window is wet or my wiper goes over it. It remains visible until the area seems to evaporate. From the inside it looks like a glass dish that did not clean very well in the dishwasher, but then as the moisture evaporates it becomes nearly invisible.

I tried Windex and vinegar with limited results. I am thinking I may need something abrasive like barkeepers friend to deep clean the window. If there is another product available in a b/m store I would look at that also.

Suggestions?

I was using Mr. Clean magic eraser on my old suburban's windshield that sits under a tree the other day and it seemed to work pretty good. Try alcohol first. I use alcohol to clean up ragtop preservative overspray on the windows and paint.

A good rubbing compound will work as well and the plus side is it's also useable for paint as well. Ultimate compound is widely available and pretty inexpensive.

I would try everything folks posted. Cerium oxide, as The Critic recommended, would be my last-resort recommendation. That is an actual glass polish. I always recommend starting with the mildest product and working my way up to the most abrasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back