Windows Movie Maker

I'm trying to master a movie dvd containing several hundred pictures, 5 small clips and 1 big 90 minute clip from my sisters funeral. I converted the streamed video using Any Video Converter to get a format that movie maker recognises and those videos can be played without errors.

But when movie maker is finished compiling the screen goes black shortly after starting to play the long clip. I tried different bitrates and cutting the video in smaller pieces but without succes. The pictures before and after the video are all visible.

Is there a duration limit or file size limit in movie maker? 32 bit windows 7 home premium I'm using.

Any suggestions are welcome, I also want to put some music that my sister chose for her funeral on the pictures, but didn't yet see how to do that. If anyone has experience with another free and simple video creator software I'm all ears.

What video format are you converting your file to? I save all my Movie Maker files as MPEG-4.

As to adding music, with the version of Windows Movie Maker (Ver. 2012) I have it is easy to add music. Click the Home button on the top line menu and you will see a musical note and "add music" next to "add videos and photos." Click that and select the music you want to add and where to place it in your video. You can also fade the music in and out to create a smooth transition. i am running Windows 10 but Movie Maker was not supported in Win 10 so I had to download an older version. I had to change a Sys or Config file to make it work but don't remember the details.

Originally Posted by jhs914
i am running Windows 10 but Movie Maker was not supported in Win 10 so I had to download an older version. I had to change a Sys or Config file to make it work but don't remember the details.

There is a Movie Creator App for Windows 10 that can be downloaded. There is also a Video Editor App in Windows 10.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I did download the leatest working version of movie maker before setting off on this.

My father suggested to split the dvd in 2, put the large troublesome video on it's own disc. It's not my preferred solution as it messes with the timeline.

Back