William Shatner to blast off into space today.

3949EBE8-446D-4C4B-AA9E-65CF0A704C91.jpg

Well, he's coming to the end of the line regardless, and no one is going to line his casket with it, that's for sure. No matter if he makes it or not.
I agree. Good for him if that is what he wants. Watching it now online and 3 or 4 minutes in and they are in space and getting ready to come back down. The only thing I don't agree with is calling then astronauts.

I agree. Good for him if that is what he wants. Watching it now online and 3 or 4 minutes in and they are in space and getting ready to come back down. The only thing I don't agree with is calling then astronauts.

Yes, I agree. It's an insult calling them that, when you compare the intense training actual NASA Astronauts have to go through. It's the equivalent of calling an airline passenger a pilot.

Going into space, (low Earth orbit), will NEVER be routine. As NASA learned when they tried launching Christa McAuliffe into space. She had no business in that Shuttle. At least Glenn WAS an actual astronaut.... Back in the day.

Anyone in that capsule is just along for the ride, it is fully autonomous. It is an expensive carnival ride for them. The people that designed and developed the system did all the work.

What's wrong with that? Takes some large cajones to even risk your life going on a mission.
Didn't say anything was wrong with it, but they are just passengers on a ride, not astronauts. I will say it is not a mission. It was a ride. If it was a mission, it was a mission to make money for Blue Origin.

Back