Will this work: file away, destroy, the threads on this top strut bolt.

I think @grjr has the simplest solution.

Why are you removing the top nut so often? Are you rebuilding/revalving or constantly changing the spring rates on coilovers?
Experimentation and also.... installation error requiring removing everything and re-installing.

I dont even know where to start, so I'm just going to say.. Glad it worked for you.

I used a Craftsman then a Husky all 10mm have some play to be honest, the adjustables tend not to hold position well.. oh well
Right. Cheap tools. They work great, until they don’t.

Get some decent wrenches. You’ll be amazed at the difference.

Wright, Williams, Stahlwille, whatever, please pick up some good ones.

When you build a strut, use an impact wrench. You'd be surprised to see that the nut moves when the strut rod doesn't by virtue of how an impact wrench works.

Are these nyloc nuts or free runners?

When you build a strut, use an impact wrench. You'd be surprised to see that the nut moves when the strut rod doesn't by virtue of how an impact wrench works.

Are these nyloc nuts or free runners?
These are free runners.

I will make note of the impact wrench. Thank you.

Get a thread chaser for that size and just run it up and down the damaged section next time you need to remove the nut or install the nut. Also yes, chamfering the threads way from the flats is fine as that's NOT where the nut needs to engage threads to hold torque.

Back