My first time not using quick struts because they're not available and Bilstein is. Questions

IIRC, the OE shocks were made by Showa, the first time I've seen Showa on something that's not a Honda. The tailgate struts are also Showa, and the hood strut probably is, too. The original rear shocks feel really cheap and light, and the one I actually replaced took a long time to rebound. The Bilstein that replaced it is much heavier.

I've had aftermarket KYB shocks, for a smaller car, that felt heavier than the factory Forester shocks, and they didn't even carry a coil!

Update

The dealer installed the shock along with the recall springs at no charge :cool:

Of course, the service writers/advisors at the front desk suggested their menu priced services, the $80 oil change, the $50 air filter, the $80 cabin filter, the $250 fuel service, the $125 belt, etc. I let them do the belt because they installed the shock and also because @The Critic loves OEM belts ;)

Now the ride is much better. Easy to tell the difference because of awful bumpy roads.

Back