Will the high vehicle prices trickle down to my 500,000 mile Sequoia too?

List it for what you want and see what happens. Some buyers flat out don't look at or factor in mileage (leave those high-mileage magnets off).

Looking at some of the pictures, it looks incredible ! If ones with 100k miles are selling for the amounts you say, I'd list it for $15k.

Tough to say, I'd list it for what you think you can get and see what happens. It's obviously a well cared for vehicle, but to many buyers 500k miles is still a red flag.

You are really looking for an enthusiast who knows these vehicles well and can overlook the mileage and focus on the condition of it. Many Toyota buyers are not car enthusiasts.

500k miles is a lot of piston travel,,, Note-, many folks really do not care about mileage, its usually about the memories they have when they owned a vehicle like yours.....most likely now it will be driven around town or very short trips, nice ride though... like my old 96 Harley, it means alot to me, but not very many new riders want it, its all in my memories ....that's all that counts.

Last edited:
Never said I spent $7700 on this. I said it has $7700 WORTH of parts and service. The $1600-$2200 timing belt job at a shop or dealer cost me maybe $200 in parts.

That really is a nice looking vehicle.
GOOD NEWS: It's a Toyota. That will create a lot of drooling for the general populace.
BAD NEWS: It has 500K on it.
I'd start high, knowing that it is easier to bump a price down than to jack it up.
I'd probably go a smidge under 10K (say $9950.) and see what you get.
Ratchet the price down as necessary to generate interest.
You probably will find someone who is interested.
However, it will probably be an enthusiast who is familiar with the platform.

I just wanted the numbers as a baseline. Having written that, I was expecting them to not even give an offer due to mileage.
I doubt those places touch almost 20 year old vehicles .... or do they ?

Atikovi, you are one hard working dude! If I were looking for an SUV right now, I would be on you like white on rice to get that beautifully maintained car purchased.

I am curious to see what the Sequoia looked when you bought it and before you did all that work?

It is not often that one sees such a nice well maintained used car for sale.

You have inspired me to detail my old Toyota Pickup even further and take some photos of it to show it off. It's a 1992 base model Pickup that I bought used in 1995 with 67,000 miles on it. I now have 338,000 miles on it and it still looks somewhat presentable. It is without a doubt the finest car I have owned.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your super clean well cared for car.

Back