Wifes van

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't start using oil until the oil had gotten old, only in the last few months and only when it's been hot out, my guess is that the oil has broken down just enough that it burns off just enough that I've had to add, I have only added one full qt, I had half a qt left over from changing the lawnmower oil this spring and I added that a few weeks ago as it is almost due for a oil change and I didn't want half a qt of Castol HD-30 sitting around.

In the winter her battery will go dead from the high load of lights, HVAC fan on high, rear defroster, wipers, cold temps...all of the electrical loads and it not running long enough to charge the battery sets off her SRS light, throw it on the charger for the night and she's good to go for another month.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Yeah, in your circumstances and since it burns nothing, I guess a 0W-20 would be OK. Out here, it gets too hot to feel comfy with a 20.

105* and the A/C going full blast in stop and go traffic means a 30 for me ...

But you prolly have a different situation ...

I use xw-20 in my truck and car with no issues, and just as hot here (102° on the car thermometer today).
Wife picks my son up from football practice in the Scion, sometimes idling 20-30 minutes with A/C on high. Then drives over to the high school (about 2 minutes from the practice field) to pick my daughter up from practice, again, sometimes idling 20 minutes with A/C on high.
When I do it, I turn the truck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back