Wife's Pregnant!

Congrats man, these are about to be the best times of your life. Its a little tough at first, first 8 months are so are long nights, but once they start walking and talking it all changes. My 2.5 year old is a happy little ball of energy, he loves helping me fix the cars, check the oil in the snow blower, and mow the lawn. Enjoy it!

Man, that's fantastic, that even at that age, he's already interested and able to help you out some!

Congrats! My wife and I tried having a family but she is a type 1 diabetic and had a miscarriage after a very low blood sugar incident.
Your a good looking couple and will have smart good looking children.

Thank you, man! Sorry to hear about your wife's miscarriage. Will y'all try again?

Congratulations! There is nothing like it. We had our first this past February. The pregnancy was a roller coaster from the beginning and ended up with a long term hospital stay from 24 weeks to delivery. Both my wife and our child were very much at risk, but thankfully they made it to 36 weeks gestation. Our little one had a 1 week NICU stay before being discharged. It wasn't easy, but our little one is here safely. My wife is now having medical issues that may be related to the pregnancy. I do wish you both the best and pray for a safe delivery!

So glad the baby made it safely! Prayers for your wife's health!

Congratulations, John! That’s awesome news! So great to meet you and your lovely bride. She’s wonderful. Mrs. Astro and I are really excited for your future.

Great news, too, about your job. So pleased to hear that as well.

We so enjoyed meeting y'all as well! Please tell your wife we said hello!

, you’ll blink and they’ll be half your height already and about to start pre school :oops:

You blink again and they are coming home with body piercings, tatoos, and asking for the car keys and permission to come home from prom at 2 a.m., LOL.

I always love the response to my comment above: "not my kids. Never". Ha, welcome to the crude awakening about parenting. My 30 something adult kids are still a pain in the rump. Mostly a good pain. I have 2 nurse daughters that will be around to change my diapers if I live long enough.

Cherish them. Watch the Steve Martin movie Parenthood. Very telling (covers most of the stereotypes) and all about (almost) unconditional love.

Last edited:
Greatest ‘job’ that you will ever have. It ain’t easy but the next coupla years will scream by you guys. Try your best to be in the moment. As my father said to me once, “Son, now you know why we are here...”

He was right. I could almost feel the Earth shifting under me as the profundity of what he said to me hit home. Welcome to fatherhood.

-John.

Congratulations!! Make sure to your life insurance is enough, and set up a college fund account. Draft an amount to it each paycheck.
Do it now.

Back