Wife did a chicken yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the Romertopf - just the right spices and herbs.

Wow did we enjoy it. Meat fell off the bones....flavor better than any Aussie chicken....I made the gravy, naturally.

Heaven. Just ate the remainder for lunch, with collards and peppers.

My roommate in college had a recipe for chicken we enjoyed:

One chicken, in a large pot, covered. Fill with water and whatever sauces and spices we had on hand, and what we could borrow from the cute neighbor....

Cook on low heat all day, check water level between classes, come home and eat. Depending on spices it was better sometimes than others.

We called it (get ready):

Pullet Surprise

Ahhhh. I see now.

I do something similar with a thick layer of pastry (feed the pastry to the dogs later).

It does fall off the bone.

BTW Pablo, you need more work on thread titles..."Wife did a chicken yesterday" could be open to misinterpretation.

Also, what's an "Aussie" chicken ?

I have one of those. The chickens look pale when they are done. You cant get that nice crispy brown skin like a roasted chicken. Do you have a solution for that?

You aren't supposed to eat the skin anyway
smile.gif

You guys just wouldn't KNOW subtle if it came up and yanked you.

edit = suffering from the sweats

[ September 29, 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

Do you discriminate against crude humor all of a sudden? I'm just glad your post wasn't about that side of bean salad that had unexpected consequences. And no, we wouldn't subtle!
wink.gif

Hey....wait a minute.
According to this book I was reading last night, the Serpent was subtle. This serpent symbolizes Satan. Pablo was being subtle. So....Pablo is either a snake or a devil....
128.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back