Wierd squeak right rear Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like a mouse is huffing and puffing to keep up with the car. The slightest bump and I get what honestly sounds like a mouse. The wierd thing is, when I am on the gas, and the weight transfers to the rear, I don't get any noise. When I'm crusing off the gas, the bumps will cause this noise. Also, I have a little clutch chatter if I don't let it out of first smooth enough, and the car will shudder slightly a few times, and I will get the noise. Again, all the squeaks are from the right rear. It sounds lik from the inside, but I can't pinpoint it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can't remember if the rear seats in the 05-09 stangs fold down like the 99-04's do. But if they do, pull them down and go drive drive around. I had a similar squeak in the same conditions and a little lube on the latches for the back seats worked like a charm.

Also, replicate the problem with the windows up, and then with them down and see what the difference is.

On my 07 Focus I had a squeak from the right rear. Turned out to be the parking brake cable where it goes through a spring bracket on the right rear. I just wrapped the cable with tape and re-installed the bracket. No more squeak. I have no idea if the Stang is made that way, but worth a look see.

agreed it sounds like something in the suspension department. spray a little lube on some parts and see if it continues (like bushings and links).. easy way to narrow down your troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back