Why The F-14 Tomcat Is Such A Bad Arse Plane

Astro, at the very end of the video, an F-14 took off from a carrier. The next F-14 took off from land, went upside down for a few seconds, then banked hard left. Was that you in your F-14? :devilish:
TC.jpg

Last edited:
Gentlemen, missed this one earlier.

It's always fun (for me, at least) watching F-14 videos. This one is fun, and no, I'm not in it. This video has dome great footgage.

While I can tell that some serious effort went into making it, much of the information is simply off by a bit. It's a bit dated, and more pop culture reference than serious treatise on the airplane's performance or purpose.

I liked it, and I'm glad you put it up, but the narration was done with a translation from another language, and they keep making small technical errors, for example: harping on the airplane being designed as a "defense against nuclear bombers" which wasn't really, ever, a consideration.

The airplane was built to meet several demanding requirements, not the least of which was defense against large numbers of supersonic Russian bombers (so the video is sort of correct) but the primary weapon they had was anti-ship missiles, not nukes, in their maritime attack role.

Still, fun to watch for the video content.

Cheers,
Astro

Back