Why PCMO prices will fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one point everyone has neglected so is this;
Our government is going to keep increasing taxes on fuel, motor oil ect to help pay for infastructure repairs. A major problem now is with everyone driving more fuel efficent vehichles, not driving as many miles has caused a very large dent in motor fuel taxes collected.

I personally don't think we as a country will ever see fuel prices cheap again, at least long term. Quite honestly the first large spike in prices a few years ago has made the entire country cut out a very large percentage of waste of fuel/oil.

I don't like paying three times as much to heat my home as I did ten years ago, but its where we are.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Do oil companies control the price of crude oil?

Nope,

Thanks.

LOL You missed the most important part of what I was trying to say but that's cool.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
he is at the end of his rope after spending $2-$3T

Ah, but is he really? That's the $64k question.

You're entitled to your opinion,but I don't think so.
My observation is if it works in your favor, it either will never happen or will be short lived if it does happen.
Home prices falling? Initially, yes, at the beginning of the crash, but not any more around here as foreigners are keeping the market buoyant.
Oil falling? I think China might have something to say about that.

Indy,
The major flaw in your reasoning is that older folks represent the wealthiest cohort of our population as segmented by age.
I can tell you that my late father and still living mother were much freer with coin after retirement than they were before.
Had my father had any interest in something as mudane as motor oil, both cars would have gotten Amsoil post-retirement, at the least.
Most people retire either because they have to, due to ill health, or because they can afford to.
Those who can afford to usually have the savings to do what they never did pre-retirement.
Check out the average age of Porsche, Corvette or Ferrari buyers, for example.
I'll give you a hint.
They aren't especially young.
In short, while we may be seeing the potential for deflation, it won't be driven by retirements, but rather by the lower paying and relatively scarce jobs now available to new entrants and the unemployed.

Your parents are to be congratulated for taking care of business. The average retirement savings of Baby Boomers is $29,000. The average BB'er is going to be wondering where their next meal is coming from, not whether to buy conventional or synthetic oil.

If you're right in your claim of 29K as an average, I really pity these people.
How can you go through an entire working life and only have 29K to show for it?
Even 1KK is not very much in current terms, but 29K?

Originally Posted By: ernied
it's easy.try raising three kids putting them through college and keeping up a home.

That is a good point.

There are many reasons, even greed...

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
The one point everyone has neglected so is this;
Our government is going to keep increasing taxes on fuel, motor oil ect to help pay for infastructure repairs. A major problem now is with everyone driving more fuel efficent vehichles, not driving as many miles has caused a very large dent in motor fuel taxes collected.

I personally don't think we as a country will ever see fuel prices cheap again, at least long term. Quite honestly the first large spike in prices a few years ago has made the entire country cut out a very large percentage of waste of fuel/oil.

I don't like paying three times as much to heat my home as I did ten years ago, but its where we are.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back