Why? Oh, Why? (A short story about Ford's FIlters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nice when the PH8A fit every Mopar and Ford product known to man and the PH 25/30 fit all GM applications. I remember most Mom and Pop parts stores carrying only three or four different sized filters.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
It was nice when the PH8A fit every Mopar and Ford product known to man and the PH 25/30 fit all GM applications. I remember most Mom and Pop parts stores carrying only three or four different sized filters.

And people wonder why the auto industry is in its current state.
crazy2.gif

The early 4.0s had a FL-1A which changed to the FL-820S in about '00-'01 I think it was.

The FL-2005 is not obsolete just a fix to the Zetec motor for a really positive anti-drainback feature. The FL-400S was not up to the task so it would rattle on cold starts. Think of it as a SUPER FL-400S nothing more.

What is obsolete is the FL-200 which became the FL-300 used in some Tempos and what not which is a slightly short FL-1A but taller than say a PH-16 which is the FL-842.

The new filter was the FL-910 which is a small FL-820.

Also the new cartridge filter for the Hybrid Escape and 4 Cyl Fusion.

As we can all tell the filters are getting smaller for several reasons such a space and environmental.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
The FL-2005 is not obsolete just a fix to the Zetec motor for a really positive anti-drainback feature.

wrong on both. the FL2005 is obsolete and replaced by the FL400s. the FL910 is a shorter FL-400s. the first applications were on focus where the filter hung down in front of the engine and could get knocked off if ran over something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back