Why no longer NOACK in PQIA oil tests results?

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Isn't it an important metric to know that can tell you about evaporation losses which can lead to increased oil consumption and undesirable oil thickening?
They used to publish that but no more. I wonder why?

A thread to get you started:

I think it's pretty hard to make a case that a variation in the allowed limits for one approval or specification makes a material difference, especially given the difficulty ("inherent variability of the test") in measuring this value. Some boutique blenders seem to think it's the most important property of an oil which is quite a stretch.

I'm not one to get overly excited about it as long as the oil carries the approval or specification I want. By definition it then meets the Noack requirement.

anyone else get a You need flash player popup on PQIA.. looks exactly like the kind that scumbags use to install bad stuff.

but I'm assuming its legit due to the EOL on flash player.

Flash player is dead.
Adobe ended support at the end of 2020. I uninstalled it from my comp.
I use Brave browser with great built in add blocker and don't get this prompt for flash player on any site.

Flash player is dead.
Adobe ended support at the end of 2020. I uninstalled it from my comp.
I use Brave browser with great built in add blocker and don't get this prompt for flash player on any site.
Right, Thats what EOL means.

also you appear to not have visited the site mentioned? There is a popup with brave, chrome,firefox etc.. it appears the EOL of flash has broken their website unfortunately.
brave-popup.JPGpqiaflashpopup-chrome.JPGpqiaflashpopup-FF.JPG

You right. This page does it. Just click cancel few times and you'll be ok.

Back