Why no filters at Costco?

Too many part numbers to deal with and it'd take up space they can use to sell faster moving and more profitable merchandise.
Yes we don't even get anything besides Kirkland oil in 5w-30 in Canada inside the store. Other grades need to be ordered online for a higher price.

Too many part numbers
That's exactly my guess as well. Never been in a Costco but have been to Sam's and presume they're similar. They don't sell filters either and have a pretty limited choice of oil.

Here is Canada I remember Costco selling Pennzoil brand oil filters way back in the late 90's. I'd agree there's two many different filter designs out for it to be worthwhile for Costco to sell.

😂 So true!

Just this weekend as I was leaving Costco I overhead a guy at the CS counter, “I bought this 6 months ago, it’s on sale now though so I’d like the difference credited back.”

Unbelievable.
This is why I will never buy a membership there. You're subsidizing those people with your membership dues. I go with my girlfriend whenever I need something Costco/kirkland specific. She buys a lot for business, so the dues are free with cashback.

I like Costco's return policy although some abuse it. People would return used oil filters, and they would get their money back. It isn't worth it probably for all the mess of people switching filters, returning used oily filters, and the profit on one isn't that much to deal with it.
I've seen as bad or worse returning at HD, used beat up tools obviously being returned by a contractor, for brand new ones or refund. No membership needed. I asked what are they going to do with all that as I was next in line. She said it goes in the dumpster. Or dead plants. "It didn't grow."
I saw a man at Costco with one of those plastic clam shell apple containers, with one apple in it. I didn't like them, says the man. I was in the line. Money back.

This is why I will never buy a membership there. You're subsidizing those people with your membership dues. I go with my girlfriend whenever I need something Costco/kirkland specific. She buys a lot for business, so the dues are free with cashback.

One month of dog food literally pays for our membership in savings.

I do genuinely get your point, but, the customer service for a legitimate gripe is truly top notch. Unfortunately, as with anything, some will take advantage.

I love Costco. Even their car buying service offers benefit for many. I use their insurance service, Connect. With all my stupid cars, it's great!
Costco is a ton of value. I have their higher membership that gives great rewards.

Here is Canada I remember Costco selling Pennzoil brand oil filters way back in the late 90's. I'd agree there's two many different filter designs out for it to be worthwhile for Costco to sell.
Yes an in actuality there probably is very little need for more than less than six filter models. Its all part of the BS marketing game!

You'd be able to return it after your oil change at a Costco and get another one, thereby never paying for a filter again.

I can imagine people trying to return used oil filters, because they weren't "satisfied," and wanted a refund.
Maybe, but probably not a lot of "Karen's" are changing their own oil. Guys don't bother with that crap as much as the ladies.

One month of dog food literally pays for our membership in savings.

I do genuinely get your point, but, the customer service for a legitimate gripe is truly top notch. Unfortunately, as with anything, some will take advantage.
Yeah, and gas..but the place is a zoo...much like the rest of Los Angeles. They do carry a decent selection of wiper blades in store. I was going to buy a steel floor jack but they never came back in stock.

Back