Why doesn't Royal Purple claim that it cleans engines?

Was just moseying about and came across this clip from RP's advertisements. They're clearly claiming in the before and after pics on the right (and showing, IMO), significant cleaning going on via photographic evidence... yet why aren't they claiming in print on the left marketing area that they do this? Seems a pretty significant miss, unless it were a result that any other oil could provide.

1687626468638.jpg

I am wondering that also, but there oil bottles look awesome and I have 1 of there oil filters sitting on my desk because the purple color seems to go with my Computer!

Once they put it in writing it opens them up to all sorts of false advertising lawsuits. People who know... know. Some are just looking for a reason to make a fraudulent claim lawsuit so they can hit the jackpot.

Once they put it in writing it opens them up to all sorts of false advertising lawsuits. People who know... know. Some are just looking for a reason to make a fraudulent claim lawsuit so they can hit the jackpot.
That was my thinking as well. Those are pretty significant differences to not mention a peep about it.

Results vary by engine/car/manufacturer?
So, unless RP can produce the results with a lot more (mean really a lot like at least 1000) sample, then you know what frivolous people going to do.

Back