Why Do People Complain About The Glock's Grip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sonic
I don't care for how the grip fits my hand on my Glock 23 and 19. They feel the worst out of all my handguns. Nothing to do with angle. Maybe it's the finger groove placement. But I do know that shooting them for anything more than a few mags will rub badly on my middle finger at the bottom of the trigger guard. There's this indentation on the trigger guard where it meets the grip. It's nowhere near large enough to fit your finger in. It should just be flat.

A lot of guys, me included do an undercut to get rid of that bump. It's called Glocknuckle. 20 minutes with sandpaper and your good to go, made a huge difference with my G26.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Quote:
Because it isn't made to fit a human hand.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
The way I look at it, if these things bother you so bad that it makes you shoot $h!tty, then I'm thinking you probably can't shoot well in the first place.

I genuinely think you're putting words into people's mouths again. I don't think a single person in this thread has said, "I cannot hit my marks with a Glock because it doesn't fit right." Nobody. A number of people have said they don't like the grip because of its physical ergonomics, but nobody has blamed the gun for poor marksmanship. That may happen in other gun forums on the internet, but I don't think it happens here, and it certainly hasn't happened in this thread.

I'm really not trying to insult anyone...

But you're coming pretty close to it, so I would humbly suggest letting it go. You asked why people complain about the grip and folks have answered you. Minds aren't going to be changed because of this thread, and you're right up on the line of declaring that people who either cannot or will not shoot Glock pistols "can't shoot well in the first place."

I would let it go before the thread devolves into something regrettable.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
......and you're right up on the line of declaring that people who either cannot or will not shoot Glock pistols "can't shoot well in the first place."

If they could, they would. You're making way too much out of this, and in the process taking it much too personally. The fact is you have to line up the sights properly on ANY pistol in order to hit the target, regardless of who made it, or what the grip angle is. If you can't do that, you're a poor shooter. End of story. That's not my opinion, but a matter of fact. If you want to contradict it, just show me one pistol currently on the market that doesn't require the shooter to do it. It's immaterial how "difficult" the shooter finds that task to be. It is all relative to his skill level. Or rather the lack of it.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The only people that complain about them are the ones too cheap to buy one.

There i said it!

And no, I do not own one Glock.

Wouldn't own one if you gave it to me.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Quote:

Because it isn't made to fit a human hand.

I really don't understand a lot of complaints about different firearms. Barring a mechanical failure from a poor design, or lack of quality of some sort. Complaints about trigger pull, grip, angle, reset, and blah, blah, blah. The way I look at it, if these things bother you so bad that it makes you shoot $h!tty, then I'm thinking you probably can't shoot well in the first place. I'm really not trying to insult anyone, far from it. I've been shooting firearms almost 50 years now. I pick up a weapon that is new to me, then fire a few rounds to adjust, I'm then good to go. I can see some modifications for competitive shooters. But aside from that, the average shooter should just learn to shoot properly, and everything else will fall in to place.

My wife cannot shoot my Model 29...the grips would need to be replaced; they simply do not fit her hands. (They are aftermarket, for a right-hand grip...she is left-handed.) She also cannot shoot some rifles safely, because the spent brass ejects into her face. Some pistols (including 1911s) give her problems, because the safety can only be easily worked with the right hand.

Her best friend has a problem with some pistols, because the grips are too large for her very-small hands. Some firearms just do not fit some people correctly.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
....My wife cannot shoot my Model 29...the grips would need to be replaced; they simply do not fit her hands.... Her best friend has a problem with some pistols, because the grips are too large for her very-small hands. Some firearms just do not fit some people correctly.

This I have no problem accepting. A grip that is too large to fit a persons hand, (or too small), is something that needs to be altered. My complaint is grip angle, trigger pull, type and style of sights, etc. These are things a good shooter can and does adapt to. My wife cannot shoot my Weatherby Magnums. That doesn't make her a "bad" shooter. I would call her that if she couldn't connect with a accurate .22. Fortunately, she can.

So a "good" shooter is one that can shoot an ill designed firearm accurately - I guess so.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
So a "good" shooter is one that can shoot ANY designed firearm accurately

Close. FIFY

A "good" shooter should be able to master them all. But being a good shooter of a bad gun design doesn't automatically mean the gun is designed well.

https://www.pinterest.com/bullheadtee/unusual-firearms/

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
But being a good shooter of a bad gun design doesn't automatically mean the gun is designed well.

A gun with a different grip angle does not automatically qualify it as a "bad design".

You're making way too much out of this, and in the process taking it much too personally.

I think we have a pot-and-kettle thing going, here.
wink.gif

Merry Christmas!

The subject of the post caused me to do a little searching to see what I could find. I found an article that (IMHO) describes what some people experience with the Glock Grip Angle. I then found another that also talks about it.
Originally Posted By: ProGunLeaders.org
The 1911 grip angle (all 1911 variants, Springfield XD, etc.) is more nearly square to the slide (about 18 degrees off square), while the Glock grip angle (Luger, Steyr M series, H&K P7, Ruger Mk II, etc.) is more raked (about 22 degrees off square).
Personally, I have no horse in the race because I can shoot any of my pistols with decent proficiency, though I shoot my new G19 more accurately than any of my others. For me, it matters not on the grip angle; there are other factors that I focus on such as grip size, sight type, and the like.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
The subject of the post caused me to do a little searching to see what I could find. I found an article that (IMHO) describes what some people experience with the Glock Grip Angle. I then found another that also talks about it.
Originally Posted By: ProGunLeaders.org
The 1911 grip angle (all 1911 variants, Springfield XD, etc.) is more nearly square to the slide (about 18 degrees off square), while the Glock grip angle (Luger, Steyr M series, H&K P7, Ruger Mk II, etc.) is more raked (about 22 degrees off square).
Personally, I have no horse in the race because I can shoot any of my pistols with decent proficiency, though I shoot my new G19 more accurately than any of my others. For me, it matters not on the grip angle; there are other factors that I focus on such as grip size, sight type, and the like.

I'm just having a hard time buying into how a 4 degree difference on a grip angle can cause so much trouble for so many people? Have we really become that inadaptable as shooters?

I'm just having a hard time buying into how a 4 degree difference on a grip angle can cause so much trouble for so many people? Have we really become that inadaptable as shooters?
I agree and do question the validity of the grip angle problem versus simply not liking the type of firearm. With that said, to each his or her own. I strongly disliked Glock for 30+ years, until now.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back