Why do I carry a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bruce T
Self-defense is the necessary act of good people. Murder is the unnecessary act of bad people. I wish we lived in a world without violent, evil people, but it's simply not possible.

Yes, it is a noble thing to sacrifice your life for a great cause, but it is a despicable thing to refuse to defend yourself from a life-threatening attack, since it becomes a cowardly suicide. Anyone who refuses to defend other people in life-threatening danger becomes an accomplice in their murder.

Those who believe Jesus was a complete pacifist should refer to the cleansing of the temple. He used a scourge of cords to chase everyone out, dumped their money, and overthrew tables.
I agree, read the whole bible!!!

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
I choose not to carry a gun personally, although I have respect for those who choose to do so. It's your right (unless prohibited by municipal laws). I've never felt the need to carry. I have never been intimidated by anything I have encountered in my 49 years to justify the use of deadly force. Don't forget your weapon can also be used on you by an unarmed mugger who would have instead just beaten yer a$s. If you encounter an armed criminal, you'd better know what you're doing or the consequences will be worse than if you were just compliant with the criminal. Having said that, I'm careful where I go, avoiding any potentially dangerous areas.
If the mugger was going to beat you he just as easily can beat you to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back