Why are cables not included? Is this a new thing?

Personally I think there is a ton of waste worth extra chargers, cables you might or might not use.

I'm kind of torn on this because I rather like the idea of the OEM tossing in a cable and/or power adapter built to their generally high standards. But then again I've got so many of them and I typically just keep them in the box or just put them aside with other cables. My preference is to use aftermarket cables and power adapters unless nothing else works as well.

Is anyone on the thread a manufacturer?

Or are you all customers in this scenario?

Yeah, I was annoyed as heck when I bought two new iPhone 13's a year ago, cost $1600 (retail) and they do not include a way to charge them out of the box making them unusable (technically) unless you pay additional money for the charger. Yeah, I get it, everyone has USB chargers (most do) however it should not be a thought to the consumer as far as what is optimum for an $800 phone.
All in the name of "green" I say baloney. All in the name of pretending to be green while saving a few dollars per device.

This is my one beef against Apple even though I use their devices exclusively, they come across as cheap and know better than me attitude. Phone, Desktop, Notebook
I’m still on the newer version of an SE and I don’t ever use the cord that comes with an iPhone. All the things that apple dreamt up and nobody thought that a 90 degree charger cord would be a good idea. I get mine off Amazon that are around 6’ long. It reaches the bed from the outlet and reaches into the sleeper of my semi from the dash where my accessory outlet is.

I’m still on the newer version of an SE and I don’t ever use the cord that comes with an iPhone. All the things that apple dreamt up and nobody thought that a 90 degree charger cord would be a good idea. I get mine off Amazon that are around 6’ long. It reaches the bed from the outlet and reaches into the sleeper of my semi from the dash where my accessory outlet is.

That's something that Apple has thought of before.

magsafe-1-l-connector.jpg

But they like to keep things relatively simple. And Apple's cables are always about form and appearance. Apple Lightning cables only come in that smooth jacket with a specific shape and color. And I've found that they aren't that durable - especially with my wife always yanking on the end where the jacket would split. But then I preferred third party which I found cheap and essentially disposable if worn or lost.

But there are enough 90º Lightning cables out there, and quite a few are MFi licensed from Apple. I got a set.

I just buy my HTS cables from Blue Jeans Cable so I don’t care if there’s a cable in the box or not.

I have tons of old HDMI cables around, the problem is they're not the same standard as the new ones. They're good for computer monitor cables but not for TV due to HDCP.

Friend of mine installed a 6-camera Lorex DVR system....it came with a 2 foot network cable.

Well, at least they included one..
Mostly because nobody knows how long you need. My no-name Chinese DVR came with 4x50' cables and I used none of them, because I need 100' each and I run my own and crimp my own.

If you want to stop by my place I can give you all 4 of mine.

yeah i like many have a bunch of old chargers laying around. the issue with not including a charger in the box is fast charging. Some phones will only work with their own brick to get fast charging. generic brick will charge, but at a reduce rate.

Back