Why 10K Miles Oil change may not be good!

I’ve kind of changed my tune on 10,000 mile intervals, but that’s only IF your engine can handle them…non direct injection/turbo/smaller engine/smaller sump. I just wouldn’t do them regularly on those types of engines, but a good filter, good oil, good engine, good commute? Ok, I’ve moved my thought process away from the 5,000 mile interval (a bit).

I’ve done one 10,000 oil change in my life…UOA came out excellent, no oil usage, easy highway commute. Did great, but I’ll probably settle on 7,500-8,500 intervals from here on out.

Ah yes, the Great Car Care Nut. I just watched the first video, which he just posted three hours ago.

It is very persuasive, and provides specific video/experience.

Typical oil change intervals should be at 5k miles or 6 months, with oil of known quality and value. This is to avoid such things as frozen oil control rings.

Watching this video was 45 minutes very well spent IMV.

The best answer is "What would Scotty say?"
FB_IMG_1658318705397.jpg

10K miles for OCI, who does that!??

early OCI is a lowest cost of insurance for durability and longevity of your engine

the same goes for your food, everyones likes fresh ingredients or food at the dining table so the same goes for car fluids

again, change your oil early

10K miles for OCI, who does that!??

early OCI is a lowest cost of insurance for durability and longevity of your engine

the same goes for your food, everyones likes fresh ingredients or food at the dining table so the same goes for car fluids

again, change your oil early
Oh yeah I do that, although sometimes I do it at 8 or 9k. Sump holds 8.5 quarts of oil on my 2008 Mercedes E350 and the original Mercedes recommendation was 13k but then they lowered it 10k. Just Mobil 1 0w40 or Castrol 0w40 in it or whatever meets MB 229.5. Pretty much the standard oil change interval for Mercedes is 10k across their entire line. They do spec synthetic oil though.

Back