Who Sells Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 5W 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Autozone where I last purchased it and couldn't find it. Is it still available there? Where else could I find it?

Thanks.

I saw the 5 gallon jug last week there which wouldn't be bad if I could use that. I don't think it has the ACEA A3 rating though.

I see Maxlife Full Synthetic in the 5 quarts jug at the local Walmarts here in Houston all the time.

deadhorse.gif

i'd like to perhaps try the maxlife full synthetic if i decide to switch from M1 in the future. also considering PP, but it like Castrol syntec seemed to be on the low end of viscosity for the 5W-30 if i remember correctly, perhaps the 10W-30 would be the better option for those. I have been considering the M1 HM as well. LOL...seems i'm considering a lot huh. Anyway...my reason for posting is that i don't think i've ever even seen the maxlife full synth..only thing i see is the blend or dino. Any ideas what major chains sell it? i know i haven't seen it in wally world down here...but then again i've never really looked for it either.

I saw fresh quarts of the new Full Synthetic bottles in O'Reilly Auto Parts in Kansas City area today. $5.69 a Quart
driving.gif

Quote:

I saw the 5 gallon jug last week there which wouldn't be bad if I could use that. I don't think it has the ACEA A3 rating though.

As I was looking at Valvoline's site, to peek at the bottle to see what it looked like so I could keep a better eye out for it, I saw this on their product specs section for the Maxlife Full Synthetic..

"Product Specs
MaxLife Synthetic is safe for new and rebuilt engines and will not void new car warranties. Recommended for engines specifying GF-3 and GF-4, API SM/SL/CF, ACEA A3/B3/B4, BMW LL01/98, VW502.00/505.00, MB229.3/229.1. See owners manual for appropriate viscosity. This oil is safe for use in new and rebuilt engines, and will not void new car warranties."

so...apparently they say it does, just wanted to pass that on.

Quote:

Quote:

As I was looking at Valvoline's site, to peek at the bottle to see what it looked like so I could keep a better eye out for it, I saw this on their product specs section for the Maxlife Full Synthetic..

"Product Specs
MaxLife Synthetic is safe for new and rebuilt engines and will not void new car warranties. Recommended for engines specifying GF-3 and GF-4, API SM/SL/CF, ACEA A3/B3/B4, BMW LL01/98, VW502.00/505.00, MB229.3/229.1. See owners manual for appropriate viscosity. This oil is safe for use in new and rebuilt engines, and will not void new car warranties."

so...apparently they say it does, just wanted to pass that on.

I caught those specs as well yesterday on their website--pretty interesting. Both 5W 30 and 10W 30 with the ACEA A3 and euro make specs.

Quote:

Recommended for engines specifying GF-3 and GF-4, ... ACEA A3/B3/B4...."

"Recommended for"? I wonder which one it actually meets. I don't think you can meet GF-4 AND A3 with the same oil.

My money is on the A3 rather than the GF-4. But with that "recommended for" language, maybe it doesn't meet either one?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back