Who Pre Ordered the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a 5 for somebody at work. And it starts
smirk.gif
LOL!

Originally Posted By: scottyducati
Why do they have such out dated hardware in the iphone 5? The hardware specs are pretty last year...

Remember to compare the spec to something of similar size and battery life.

It is easy to make a big phone if you just slap a bunch of chips on it and a big battery, and disregard power consumption. Making it small by waiting for integrated chips, reducing the CPU performance to keep battery life manageable, etc should also be considered when you compare between phones.

I've said previously, that many LTE phones are really just a CDMA/EVDO or GSM/HSPA phone with LTE chipset slapped on top of it, so the power consumption is likely not anywhere close to the non LTE that everyone is raving about. Some LTE phones with good battery life and integrated LTE chipset do not perform the same as the reviewed high performance / high power models. Remember to read the fine print of the particular model when you buy.

It is like you shouldn't compare a highly portable laptop with a desktop replacement laptop that is heavy and bulky.

Last edited:
I won't be ordering an Iphone 5. Apple lost me on the whole phone thing. I would have bought this phone last year, but I got tired of waiting for a 4G phone from Apple and I really needed/wanted to replace my Samsung Omnia.

The fact that I was still using a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone should offer some key insight into how I feel about switching over to different technology... A few friends had Iphones, which I had ample opportunity to play with, then I had a chance to play with a 4G phone last year. The difference was startling. So, I decided to go the Android route. Now that I have, I just don't see a reason to switch. I'm not an Android Fanboy nor an Apple hater, I'm just averse to wasting time learning to work a new gadget unless there's some payoff or my current technology is lacking. The Android platform works well for me, so I just don't see a need to change. I know that I'm not alone on this one. I'm willing to bet a lot of folks just went elsewhere waiting for a 4G product.

As far as the hardware goes, I actually like the bigger form factor of the Droid Bionic, and if I were looking at a new phone I'd probably look at the Razr HD. The specs actually look better than the Iphone5, at least for the stuff which matters to me. Motorola also have an smaller-formed phone, similar to the Iphone in overall size but with a bigger screen, the Razr M. I know the Samsung phones seem to be the hot Android phones, but my current Bionic has been great, and being averse to change and all, this is the direction I'll go when it comes time to replace it.

So, I guess I'll stick with what I know (or a similar iteration) until they give me a reason to look elsewhere. Since they haven't, I won't be ordering an Iphone 5 (despite being stalked by Verizon about it).

Talk about a PLANT....

And here is more interviews of people in line (and I think more actual folks)

These were at the NYC Apple store up near Central Park. (which is a neat store. Inside they all look the same but going into the store and from the street is trick!)

Bill

Are you really taking that guy seriously? Someone who is an Opie and Anthony show producer and is trying to make his way with 30 podcasts (note he specifies podcasts, how ironic), and is begging people to subscribe? It's not like this is news.

And it's not news that imbeciles exist everywhere, though I'm sure those were planted by him.

If you think that apple is hiring people to loop around a city block for a week, great. Good for you - ill bet they are also lying about sales to date, right?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Are you really taking that guy seriously? Someone who is an Opie and Anthony show producer and is trying to make his way with 30 podcasts (note he specifies podcasts, how ironic), and is begging people to subscribe? It's not like this is news.

And it's not news that imbeciles exist everywhere, though I'm sure those were planted by him.

If you think that apple is hiring people to loop around a city block for a week, great. Good for you - ill bet they are also lying about sales to date, right?

I agree.

NOTICE the word PLANT? Notice I stated that word? Also yes some of the others that he interviewed are your typical Apple customers who would wait for a week for a phone that I could walk into the same store within a few days and get the same thing.

Please don't insult me if those people that he interviewed are actual customers and you feel that they are insulting your Apple brand.

No where have I stated that Apple is making up their sales numbers.
No where have I said that Apple is hiring people to stand in line.
shocked.gif

Bill

Reading the comments in this discussion makes me appreciate why I didn't (and don't) buy into the whole smartphone (I prefer stupidphone) craze. So many people are utterly consumed and fixated with their phone and don't realize the amount of money they're paying every month for the plans, and the absurd amount they pay up front for the phone-rather they try to defend it by honking the "disposable income" horn.

And it's especially funny to watch how defensive some people are over something as trivial as a toy telephone. Sheesh-it's just a phone and not worth anyone getting their panties bunched up about. When you start telling people to shut up because you don't like their opinion about your telephone it's time to reassess your priorities.

It's like watching a bunch of little children-both funny and sad at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Reading the comments in this discussion makes me appreciate why I didn't (and don't) buy into the whole smartphone (I prefer stupidphone) craze. So many people are utterly consumed and fixated with their phone and don't realize the amount of money they're paying every month for the plans, and the absurd amount they pay up front for the phone-rather they try to defend it by honking the "disposable income" horn.

And it's especially funny to watch how defensive some people are over something as trivial as a toy telephone. Sheesh-it's just a phone and not worth anyone getting their panties bunched up about. When you start telling people to shut up because you don't like their opinion about your telephone it's time to reassess your priorities.

It's like watching a bunch of little children-both funny and sad at the same time.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Just got back from Las Vegas and found something interesting.

Went first to their big mall (Fashion something) and walked by the Apple store. They made a big deal about if I was there for my iPhone5? Told them no and they said go ahead and enter. They had an area to the right of the store in front of their store roped off for a line (which their was no one) for iPhone5 customers.
21.gif

That was Saturday. Today I went to the Forum shops at Caesars (VERY impressive place) and came upon the Apple store there. Just for giggles went towards the front and same thing (as far as the "line" and question) so I told them no just looking and they let me in. Decided to ask him a few questions.

1. How many iPhones do you have for immed sale? Asked me how many would I like to buy (in a joke) and then said "many". Asked him more or less than 100 and he said quite a few while making a upwards sign with his finger.

2. Whats the deal with the asking customers if they are there for the iPhone5? He said they are to put them in the line in front of the store and have them wait till the next guy is available to make it look that they have a demand for the product and create a buzz. It makes the Customer think that they are getting something special (an expensive phone is special IMB) and feel better about the "experience" which I can see their point.

In comparison I went to the Sony store and they have up front their Xperia line and all of them say in big words "UNLOCKED and NO CONTRACT use your choice of cell phone company" on each phone. Asked them how many do they sell (their top of the line phone was $519 and the lowest was right at $389) and she said a lot. Again it must be a national secret and would not say any more. (off subject. Their Tablet is very nice!)

Both stores had quite a few folks in them.

If you are ever in Las Vegas you have to see the entrance to the Caesar forum shops from Las Vegas BLVD. Amazing!

And if you can't find a iPhone5 both stores have plenty. I even touched and played with both the iPhone4s and iPhone5 for 15 minutes. The iPads were getting more attention in both stores IMO.

Also quite a bit of comments (between customers looking at iPhone5 (not buying) and Apple "genesis") of the changing of ports and people not happy with having to spend $30 per device to get some adapter that does not work.

Take care, Bill
I had a similar experience in a large mall outside of L.A. There were about 10 people lined up outside the ATT store, about 15 for Verizon and about the same for the Apple Store. Maybe most people ordered all those millions of phone online! (which is what I usually do if I buy a new phone).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

NOTICE the word PLANT? Notice I stated that word? Also yes some of the others that he interviewed are your typical Apple customers who would wait for a week for a phone that I could walk into the same store within a few days and get the same thing.

Please don't insult me if those people that he interviewed are actual customers and you feel that they are insulting your Apple brand.

No where have I stated that Apple is making up their sales numbers.
No where have I said that Apple is hiring people to stand in line.
shocked.gif

Bill

Who is insulting who posting that stuff? Who is implying that there is a "typical" apple customer that supposedly is somehow like those folks in videos like that? Your use of the "your typical Apple customers" means what? That rg200amp, Hokiefyd, myself, anyone who uses these products and contributes to these threads must be one and the same with these "typical Apple customers"? Who has implied that Apple is making much about nothing and that Las Vegas stores are flush with unsold stock? With comments and implications like that, how is anyone supposed to know what you are meaning by calling people as plants?

The Samsung and apple parody videos are humerous, but it is clear you have an agenda against the brand. Great, we get that. Do you really think you're going to change "hearts and minds" putting out this stuff?

I know quite a few restaurant owners who actually encourage family and friends to park cars in their parking lot. Looks good to the family looking for a good dinner place.

You are talking about smartphone and panties in the same post.
I vote for both of them.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
I had a similar experience in a large mall outside of L.A. There were about 10 people lined up outside the ATT store, about 15 for Verizon and about the same for the Apple Store. Maybe most people ordered all those millions of phone online! (which is what I usually do if I buy a new phone).

What amazes me is that you care so much about a product that you wouldn't buy. Who cares? I run an iPhone (not in the market for a new one), and don't care beyond the amount that my profit in apple stock increases. Why do you?

The stock was completely sold out in the malls I've been to on the east coast (Cherry Hill in NJ and Christiana in DE). Why that is or isn't a major issue, I don't care or care to know. Maybe the logisticians screwed up? Maybe it is because CA and NV are closer to China than the east coast so they had more stock. It could be any stupid excuse.

Do you really care that much? It amazes me that someone who hates the products and would never buy them would.

I have the iphone4, 4s, HTC Titan Windows Mobile, Sony Xperia X10 Android.

No rush to get the iphone5. I see it bringing nothing more to the table than any phone I have right now.

Who is insulting who posting that stuff? Who is implying that there is a "typical" apple customer that supposedly is somehow like those folks in videos like that? Your use of the "your typical Apple customers" means what? That rg200amp, Hokiefyd, myself, anyone who uses these products and contributes to these threads must be one and the same with these "typical Apple customers"? Who has implied that Apple is making much about nothing and that Las Vegas stores are flush with unsold stock? With comments and implications like that, how is anyone supposed to know what you are meaning by calling people as plants?

The Samsung and apple parody videos are humerous, but it is clear you have an agenda against the brand. Great, we get that. Do you really think you're going to change "hearts and minds" putting out this stuff?

Agenda?

Stating FACT of what I've PERSONALLY witnessed and experienced vs people who walk into a store and have everything delivered to them so they have no experience on how the real world is?

Really? People post videos and if its against YOUR brand they have an "agenda"?

Wow...

I've posted FACTS that I found while in Las Vegas. I thought they would be interesting. Even took the time to ask a few questions and post that info. But since its not favorable towards the fans I'm the one with an "Agenda"?

So let me get this corrcect? Only post favorable content towords Apple or don't post at all.

01.gif
Copy.

My last post in this thread and with all the fan boys here on most subjects soon to be my last posting on the board.

Bill

PS: If you'd read my posting post I said ACTUAL not TYPICAL. The other one I said PLANT. Amazing...

Last edited:

Right because there is zero functionality to a smartphone besides watching movies or playing angry birds. Very shortsighted. And the entire corporate and business world for the most part would argue against your implication. What some group of hipsters does with their money is of no consequence to me beyond if their poor decisions cause me to have to bail them out. But "typical" is a mischaracterization, and you, nor anyone else have a solid idea of what the "typical" user or use is.

What is curious to me is why if someone is interested in a product, and decides to buy a product, they must get flamed umpteen times, mostly by users of SIMILAR products who have some vendetta about a brand an inanimate object that others like. That's what is amazing.

And the line "shut up" is entirely out of context, admittedly my fault because it might be comprehended the wrong way. Is the old bumper sticker "sit down, shut up and hold on" offensive? If I would have said "vote with your wallet and be happy with your choice", would you be so "offended"? The statement wasn't a type like if I tried to say in an offensive way "pop rivit, you're a moron typing here so shut up". It's just a "buy what you like and be done with it" type of comment. Apparently people who like apple products should have a thick skin and just take whatever flak others want to throw, but others are really sensitive. So, I'm really sorry I used the words "shut up" in a post, because it implied that I was telling a user to shut up and that's really offensive. I'm sorry, can you ever possibly in your heart of hearts forgive me???

I'm done here anyway. This is ridiculous.

I am waiting for Chinese copy (ha!) of iPhone 5 to be sold under Centec brand at Harbor Freight store ~/~

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am waiting for Chinese copy (ha!) of iPhone 5 to be sold under Centec brand at Harbor Freight store ~/~

It would need to be integrated into a cordless drill or a floor jack or something. On a related note, where can I get one of these iKillPhones?

gun-phone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back