Who Pre Ordered the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still using the one I had as a kid .....

cellphone.jpg

55.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

PLEASE! This has gotten so silly I am going to pee myself from laughing.

The iPhone is contributing to world debt issues!

I mean really. There are 1000's of electronics being talked about in this Tech section of the forum.

Why is it that this silly nonsense only pops up in the Apple threads?????????

Lets see so far we have established:

People who buy iPhones are "fools".

The "vast majority" of people who buy iPhones will "sink further into debt"

"Apple laughs all the way to the bank."

I guess if you weren't so wrapped up in defending Apple you would've noticed my last sentence:
Quote:
This is the sad reality, people complain about lack of jobs and decline of incomes but don't think twice about spending good chunk of money on latest gadgets.

I never said that people buying apple products put themselves into further debt, the same will be true for the next PlayStation, Xbox or whatever next big gadget may be.
Get it to your head that I would've made the same coment if someone proudly posted that they spent $1400 on a Playstation.

Also, if these kind of comments bother you, why did you bring the price tag to this thread?

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Still using the one I had as a kid .....

cellphone.jpg

55.gif

Is that you in the Consumer Cellular commercials?
laugh.gif

I'm currently on Virgin Mobile and have been trudging along with the LG Optimus V in all it's memory-limited glory. VM has the 4 and 4s available, but at full price. I figure the 5 will come along eventually, but as I found out during a family emergency that I'm still muddling through, VM's coverage is spotty where I need it most. I may have to get a regular phone/plan, and right now the HTC One S from T-Mobile has my interest. Maybe someday....

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The thing is that only a small portion of people will buy this phone with their disposable income. The vast majority will just sink further into dept. This is the sad reality, people complain about lack of jobs and decline of incomes but don't think twice about spending good chunk of money on latest gadgets.

People may laugh and make jokes about this, but it's the truth.

Did anyone see the video of the police chase we had here in Southern Ca. the other day? I saw it live on t.v. It ended in South L.A. The bank robbers were throwing money out the windows of a stolen SUV. At the end of the chase hundreds of people gathered in the area. Most were minorities and judging from the looks of the neighborhood, I think it's safe to say they were somewhat poor. Yet many if not most of them had a cell phone and were taken photos or video of the scene. Unreal! Hard to be "jealous" of a situation like that.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

PLEASE! This has gotten so silly I am going to pee myself from laughing.

The iPhone is contributing to world debt issues!

I mean really. There are 1000's of electronics being talked about in this Tech section of the forum.

Why is it that this silly nonsense only pops up in the Apple threads?????????

Lets see so far we have established:

People who buy iPhones are "fools".

The "vast majority" of people who buy iPhones will "sink further into debt"

"Apple laughs all the way to the bank."

I guess if you weren't so wrapped up in defending Apple you would've noticed my last sentence:
Quote:
This is the sad reality, people complain about lack of jobs and decline of incomes but don't think twice about spending good chunk of money on latest gadgets.

I never said that people buying apple products put themselves into further debt, the same will be true for the next PlayStation, Xbox or whatever next big gadget may be.
Get it to your head that I would've made the same coment if someone proudly posted that they spent $1400 on a Playstation.

Also, if these kind of comments bother you, why did you bring the price tag to this thread?

Not looking to argue with you. You said "this phone" . That's what I quoted.

I posted my out of pocket cost since this thread is about PREORDERING the new iPhone.

Why are making an issue out of what other people spend their money on and/or deepen their debt with?

Yes I defend Apple. I love their products and I have a vested interest in them.

Last edited:
that one does not work well around corners. haha the can phone that is

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Bill I love my Google nexus too. Unlocked, pentaband works anywhere in the world and Jellybean. I chose it over the S3 and have zero regrets. Hard to believe you can get cutting edge technology like this for $350 unlocked. That's why I love Google. They truly adopt the open source ethic and are not out to fleece consumers for every penny.

Well, Google runs on the money from advertisers, they want the devices out there (any device it doesn't to them if it is garbage or not) with Google services on it. The Nexus is being given away since their money comes from tracking users for data to use for advertising.

Last edited:
Right. It's amazing that google, at how much per share is in the public good (tracking the public and making profit off of spying), yet apple is horrible. Would they say the same about IBM? GE?

If amp200 buught his two phones cash, in order to be an early adopter, why is it anybody's business unless they are horribly jealous??? I am extremely anti-debt, and see debt as just stupid. But you can't really fault even the person who buys an iPhone on debt any more than the person who goes to jc Penney or wherever and buys clothes on debt, or the person who buys their car, especially a used car because the finance rates are so horrid, on debt. No different.

Surprised there is no heavy Apple bashing going on. Their must be only adults here haha. if you go to most any, blog, or news article that even mentions Apple, there is usually hundreds of comments like, Apple Sucks!, Apple users are Sheep, [censored], icrap, iphone is so out of date, screen size comments, Oh my phone had that feature for years, Than if any one says anything even remotely positive about a Apple product they are attacked by a angry mob of android fans.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Right. It's amazing that google, at how much per share is in the public good (tracking the public and making profit off of spying), yet apple is horrible. Would they say the same about IBM? GE?

Who said anything about Apple being evil? I own Apple stock so that would make me pretty hypocritical wouldn't it? I just appreciate Google's business model from a CONSUMER'S perspective. From an investors perspective, Apple is the greatest company in the world. I know you are an Apple fanboy, but try not to get so defensive all the time.

Originally Posted By: jkhawaii
Surprised there is no heavy Apple bashing going on. Their must be only adults here haha. if you go to most any, blog, or news article that even mentions Apple, there is usually hundreds of comments like, Apple Sucks!, Apple users are Sheep, [censored], icrap, iphone is so out of date, screen size comments, Oh my phone had that feature for years, Than if any one says anything even remotely positive about a Apple product they are attacked by a angry mob of android fans.

Exactly. It's mild here and if Apple defenders can't take the heat here, I don't know how they survive in the world.

In my earlier post, I even praised the new iPhone 5. Hardware wise, this is the most advanced phone out there right now.

So far, it seems the iPhone 5 might be the best selling iPhone ever! Sold out in less than an HR. The Pre Order Process was fairly Smooth this year, only minor issues with Apple's and the carriers web sites. Unlike the iPhone 4's preorder nightmare!

If amp200 buught his two phones cash, in order to be an early adopter, why is it anybody's business unless they are horribly jealous??? I am extremely anti-debt, and see debt as just stupid. But you can't really fault even the person who buys an iPhone on debt any more than the person who goes to jc Penney or wherever and buys clothes on debt, or the person who buys their car, especially a used car because the finance rates are so horrid, on debt. No different.

Apple is "spying" just as much if not more than Google. Plus they charge QUITE a bit more for their hardware and lock you into THEIR thought on how everything should run.

Unlike a few here I've gone both ways, seen what it takes to make something work and which one is easier and more efficient. Then you add the cost of the device and service most people are getting ripped off IMO.

And don't even get me started on iTunes!
crackmeup2.gif

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: jkhawaii
So far, it seems the iPhone 5 might be the best selling iPhone ever! Sold out in less than an HR. The Pre Order Process was fairly Smooth this year, only minor issues with Apple's and the carriers web sites. Unlike the iPhone 4's preorder nightmare!

I'm sure it is.
20.gif

Wonder when the 5s will be coming out...
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Apple is "spying" just as much if not more than Google. Plus they charge QUITE a bit more for their hardware and lock you into THEIR thought on how everything should run.

Yep. In fact, if people are worried about being spied on, they just shouldn't be online.....Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc.

Yep. In fact, if people are worried about being spied on, they just shouldn't be online.....Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc.

So TRUE!
45.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

So TRUE!
45.gif

Absolutely. Never have I said that google is completely free from
any guilt of some of the things apple does. However, strangely those kind of things don't really bother me that much. Why do I care if google knows what restaraunts I frequent, or gas stations I fill up at? Do I want to be visually tracked every second of every day, no. But most of the stuff I do on my phone and places I go, I just don't care that much about.

I really do like the Galaxy SIII, and I will be keeping an eye out to see if Motorola has something new and compelling out around the time I can use my upgrade.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
xBa380 said:
SOO I got the Samsung Focus Flash windows phone.
Its a nice setup, you dont have as big of a marketplace or a good amount of compatibility, (people/Businesses are focused on Android/iPhone/Blackberry)
But you know what? I like it, does what I need it to do, Call people, text people, occasionaly Ill use a map, or play a game (Bonus XBOX users can get achievements on a Windows Phone playing games)

Ill stick with Samsung, Ive owned 5-6 samsung phones, all are sturdy, the only reason I got rid of them each time was because of my stupidity (Dropping in sink at work, stuff that would kill any phone)

I owned one Nokia, first phone, antenna broke on it
My phone before this one was a Sony Ericsson Walkman slider, The charger broke a dozen times (2 prongs and like 4 little metal things on it)

My vote if for windows phone too. I actually love the HTC offerings more than the Samsung ones. The only one from Samsung I like is the Note, but it is a tad too big.

My current vote is for HTC Titan II or the Nokia Lumia 900

920-product-hero-1-jpg.jpg

21_hero_media_3.jpg

Who said anything about Apple being evil? I own Apple stock so that would make me pretty hypocritical wouldn't it? I just appreciate Google's business model from a CONSUMER'S perspective. From an investors perspective, Apple is the greatest company in the world. I know you are an Apple fanboy, but try not to get so defensive all the time.

Quit with the stupid fanboy immature commentary. The point of the poster before me was valid, and as a consumer, nothing comes free. If the droid phones really do use the same (or better) innards, then the HW inside cost more on an acquisition basis.

If you have an issue with a company's profit model, fine, but vote with your wallet and shut up. It's. Its notlike google is giving you something free and you're not paying for it in another way (your privacy, advertising, etc). If you're good with it, fine, if not, go another route.

I own a ton of google and apple stock, does that make me hypocritical, or are the two almost entirely irrelevant? Because they are. My profits on both may have bought new phones many times over, but it doesn't mean I want to see one or the other go down the tubes.

I'm happy with google spying on you to fill my pockets with dollar bills. If apple is doing the same to me, so be it, I enjoy their products and you can enjoy droid ones. We're all free to vote with our wallets. What amazes me is why all the folks with droid stuff need to try to flaunt how it is so much better for this or that reason, and especial in the face of commentary about another product. It comes across as pure jealousy, which if the product you carry is so much better, then just state a fact and go away. I do t need apologetics and can figure it out as I need to. If I'm not having problems with iTunes or the way certain things are done, so be it.

And it sure seems that for every "elitist" apple user, there are two android "elitist" users set on saying how stupid, overpriced, overhyped, irresponsible, lousy designed or whatever else the product is, and by extension, how horrible and ridiculous the user is. So quit with the elitist droid is best attitude and you might not get as much pushback on your commentary.

But for someone to call another a fool for buying a new iPhone 5 is just a sign of jealousy and ridiculous commentary for this board. But it is foolish to think that one company is magically the consjmer's friend and that somehow you're getting something for free...

Yep!! I was up at 3:30am last night preordering two iPhone 5s. Both contracts were not due for a upgrade until next year. So $1400 later, I'll have em on the release day! Can't wait!!!

$1400 is how much my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back