Who makes Schwaben hand tools from ECStuning?

I picked up a Schwaben 26 piece 1/4" drive ratchet & metric socket set from ECStuning for $20. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, and the tools met my expectations for $20. The thing that I found interesting is that there is no country of origin found on any of the pieces or the packaging. Nothing. My guess is these are Chinese tools, but was wondering if anyone here had any info on Schwaben. Some quick googling turned up nothing definitive.

Last edited:
They do seem to select the better products out of the massive amount of junk out there. I know some are made in Taiwan and others probably China, there are a few USA or Euro as far as I can tell like the pressure bleeder which is Motive, the sockets look like Draper (Taiwan) or possibly Elora (Germany) for vehicle specialty sockets.

They do seem to select the better products out of the massive amount of junk out there. I know some are made in Taiwan and others probably China, there are a few USA or Euro as far as I can tell like the pressure bleeder which is Motive, the sockets look like Draper (Taiwan) or possibly Elora (Germany) for vehicle specialty sockets.
I just find it odd that none of the tools in my 26 piece set has country of origin stamped on them. That's a first for me, not sure how common that is with hand tools these days.??

I just find it odd that none of the tools in my 26 piece set has country of origin stamped on them. That's a first for me, not sure how common that is with hand tools these days.??
It depends on the tools, German and Japanese tools if made in Germany or Japan will be marked as such usually on the individual tool unless it is being rebranded by a third party. USA made tools will still have USA markings on either the tool or packaging, many old brands are sadly now gone, they were some of the best tools in the world. Italy, Spain, Czech, Sweden, France, Poland and other EU counties make some high quality tools and will be usually be branded on the tool.
No COO info on either the tool or package almost certainly means China. Taiwan is no longer taboo junky tools, their tools are usually marked Taiwan and are generally quite good.

Back