Who Makes Motorcraft Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which lube mfr makes Motorcraft oils? The bottle of their full synthetic says it's a product of Korea (South Korea I hope) and blended in the USA.

Forgot to add that group III base stocks used in many brands of oil are refined in South Korea and shipped worldwide.

ConocoPhillips makes the Motorcraft oil in the US. They have a partnership with S-Oil in South Korea to import high VI premium base stock which they use in their Semi-Synthetic and group III Synthetic oils.

If you have access to Trop Artic where you are, it is also made by Conoco/Phillips, and is very similar to Motorcraft for about half the price.

Sorry this is kind of off topic but kind of on topic..

But, What major oil companies make what motor oil?
I know ExxonMobil makes Mobil products..but what else do they own?

Same with Shell? I know they own Penn/QuakerStake/Rotella

BP?

Other top tier companies that produce motor oil?

Motorcraft vel Ford Formula F 5w30 is made by Castrol at least in some EU countries. Castrol Poland confirmed that to one Ford forum user here. Heard that Elf/Total makes it for France, spain, Portugal, but thats unconfirmed. So thats just a licence to major players with a given spec.

Wondering if spec is worldwide or also market dependant. Below is formula f 5w30 spec:
Base: synthetic "technology", so hydrocrack
A1/B1
VI 160,00
HTHS 3,00
Ash% 1,30
TBN 9,00
Flow -45,00 degC
Cst@100C 9,6

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Mobil1 & Esso

Those are the same company
wink.gif