Who makes Homelite 2 stroke oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While cleaning out the garage for a yard sale I found a bottle of this enough to mix probably at least 3 gallons of gas with. Who knows when or where I bought it. Says its for air cooled engines yada yada.

I usually buy stihl or echo branded oil when Im in need. Just curious if this would be ok since its probably fairly old. I have stihl, echo, and shindiawa 2 strokes and I run them all out of the same gas can.

strictly my opinion, but no way id use it, id stick to what youve been buying based on your equipment. i would donate that oil to a neighbor with a lesser quality machiene, and youll both feel warm & fuzzy inside. then again im sure ppl use boat oil in their trimmers/chainsaws, etc..but like i said, my opinion & not me

Originally Posted By: Warlord
Is it still sealed? See any lumps or anything else unusual?

Part of the bottle has been used so its not sealed. It looks fine to me visually. I bet its 10 years old. It was kept in my basement which is climate controlled all of this time if that matters. I think its probably ok to use but I will test it on my worst piece of equipment first just to be sure. I hate to waste oil of any kind as expensive as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back