Who makes a full strength Asian blue coolant?

Flushed the cooling systems half a dozen times on my 13 Nissan Versa, the last 3 times with distilled water. Only get half out when draining so a 50/50 mix will be too weak after it mixes with the water in the block. The only full strength blue I see is from Peak. Anybody else make some that is readily available? OEM makes some but cant find any locally.

This may sound heretical, but after a lot of research I am using this pHOAT in my Asian cars (and others TBH). I am convinced it's equally safe and effective, and it's vastly more available and cheaper. You can get it in concentrate everywhere so you can mix it 60/40, or adjust for retained water in the heater/block so you can get a healthy mix.

You may not like this idea and that's fine, but I throw it out there in case you want to consider it.

Flushing a 2013 Nissan Versa a dozen times? You know the standard coolant change procedure would be just to drain the radiator and refill. Even if you have a blown head gasket the coolant wouldn't need to flushed a dozen times, and it's a all aluminum engine so rust in the coolant isn't a issue.

Like @Oro_O, I also went with the universal Peak Long Life for my cars a few years ago. Readily available, cheap, works well in my Honda and Cadillac, and I only have one jug on the shelf. Just sayin'

Flushing a 2013 Nissan Versa a dozen times? You know the standard coolant change procedure would be just to drain the radiator and refill. Even if you have a blown head gasket the coolant wouldn't need to flushed a dozen times, and it's a all aluminum engine so rust in the coolant isn't a issue.
He said he flushed it half a dozen. Keep up! :)

Nothing but none of my wholesale distributors have it. Only Autozone for $23.
I bought 2 gallons from AZ online at 6pm Friday and they delivered it for free on Saturday 10am, Fedex overnight. $47 inc distilled water for 4 gallons of coolant is a good deal I would say given the Subaru OE is $19 and change a gallon my price for 50/50 at the dealer.

For the pre 08 Subaru that use LL green the LL blue is the same coolant only the color is different. I always go blue after serving the cooling system or in a rebuilt engine. When people see green they wrongly assume it is old school green.

Previous owner used green. I takes a half dozen flushes for the water to turn clear so I can put in the proper blue. A drain and refill alone still leaves 50% of the original old coolant behind, not to mention precludes a 100,000 mile change interval.

Previous owner used green. I takes a half dozen flushes for the water to turn clear so I can put in the proper blue. A drain and refill alone still leaves 50% of the original old coolant behind, not to mention precludes a 100,000 mile change interval.
Was he using Asian green or light (universal) green? If you are worried about flushing out the color. Just use Pentofrost A2 (green). It's the same as blue and it's full concentrate.

Reochem OEM blue looks nearly identical to Nissan OEM. I know this is old but figured better than starting a new thread....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 15
Pentosin make Pentafrost NF, a blue concentrated coolant. O’Reilly’s sells it.

Back