Who makes a decent shower head?

The head falls apart because you likely have corrosive water chemistry at your home.

Buy some CLR and place shower or handheld head into bowl water and CLR for a couple hours and it will likely fix itself. Do that periodically and it will likely last. Good luck 👍

I once had a handheld showerhead that had LED lights that indicated the water temperature. It was quite neat and worked well. I think I got it from Target. It was a no-brand item.

Surprisingly, no brand hardware from Chinese manufacturers have yielded better results for me than well known US brand at a fraction of the cost.

We have a Hansgrohe that we are delighted with.

I love my Hansgrohe clubmaster showerhead, and all the Hansgrohes when they are running at 2.5 GPM or above. The self cleaning feature works really well.

Hansgrohe like most others fall down at the 1.8 GPM restriction california now has.

The High Sierras really work well even at low flows with my guests often asking me how me " what kind of showerhead is that?"

We've tried a litany of 1.8 heads including the MOEN, Delta, Kohlers, and the supposedly best low flow brand Bricor (wasnt even close) , and we come back to the High Sierras every time.

I have an old Grohe showerhead that has 2 sprays, one is a straight jet blast, and the other is a foam like a kitchen sink aerator that is accomplished by a screen moving in front of the jets. The shower head is unique as the jet blast is created by square hole nozzles (orifices) with a bar upstream and just slightly off center of the orifice. This creates a bit of an oscillation in the water flow of each jet that increases it's perceived force. It's no gentle shower head with my 90 PSI of water pressure. It is a glorious pressure washer!

It's 30 years old and I've never found anything else like it.

Thanks all for the tips. Will dig into the options.

What's important to me is not lots of pressure or force, but more "body" -- or at least the feeling that the I'm being rinsed, and not being misted. That of course, takes volume.

I do wonder if the facuet makers are in on the game, by designing products that are so easily modified to get around flow restrictions, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Back