Who is one of the "good" Quarterbacks of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to ask which is the "best" quarterback. There is no "best". I feel that Warren Moon in my eyes was a real good quarterback as was Brett Favre. What say you folks?

Ken "the snake" Stabler was good too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
EJ Manuel

You guys had Jim Kelly. Good quarterback, great guy. Growing up in Rochester, NY, he and the organization were great contributors to western NY. I am a Jets fan, but a lot of great players came through Buffalo in the 90's.

is NOT. Good lord it is hard to be a Bills fan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Johnny U

Amen on #19

Good= Jim Plunkett... Won 2 Super Bowls with the Raiders in 81 and 84. Mark Rypien with REDSKINS won in 92. Brad Johnson with Bucaneers in 03 won that Super Bowl. Good quarterbacks in the right situation can win a championship. All of these guys were just that... Good quarterbacks who did a good job and made enough plays to help their teams win. Look up Brad Johnson's career numbers... Oretty good actually.

Great quarterbacks... #1 Joe Montana #2 Tom Brady #3 Dan Marino #4 Johnny Unitas #5 Bart Starr #6 John Elway #7 Terry Bradshaw #8 Roger Staubach #9 Brett Farve #10 Peyton Manning

Only one QB on my list did not win a championship... Dan Marino. He NEVER had enough help at the end of the day... Name any WR he ever had after Mark Clayton and Mark Duper left Miami... I'm waiting.... Also name ANY RB he had at all.... Yeah... No Terell Davis or Roger Craig back there..
Go and look up Bart Starr's post season QB rating and TD to int numbers and his W-L record.... He won 5 NFL championships.. First two Super Bowls.. He was Joe Montana before Joe came along winning 4 championships he won.
Peyton Manning is vastly overrated in my book.... Losing record in the post season... How many games did he LOSE AT HOME with his team the HEAVY favorites??? 21-18 loss to Pittsburgh, 28-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers, 19-16 loss to the Titans, last season loss to the Colts, the loss to Baltimore where he threw a int for a TD and the last int he threw set up the game winning FG for Baltimore.... In his lone championship run... He threw for more ints than TDs that post season.. I will say this though... After Asante Samuel returned that int for a TD and made the score 21-3 Patriots... I thought it was game over. Peyton played the best second half he ever played.. Worthy of the hall of fame. . 38-34 win. Still, give me his brother in the post season.. Won 3 road games to get to his first championship... Played very well versus the Patriots leading his team for winning score.. Second championship run... How about one of the biggest post season upsets in NFL history.. 41-20 I believe over the Aaron Roger lead Green Bay Packers that was 15-1 that season.. Hardly NO one gave Eli and the NY Giants a chance.. Eli played great and away they went.. To another championship.. I would also take Big Ben from Pittsburgh over Peyton in the post season.

Montana has always been my #1, despite the fact he's ripped out Bengals' fans hearts twice in 2 Super Bowls-but I bet Aaron Rodgers gives him a run for his money before he's done.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Jay Cutler/ Rex Grossman

edit sorry thought you said worst

I think Favre is a great guy

I like the smokin Jay Cutler site, the ones where he's smoking while getting tackled are pretty funny.

http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/

Anyway, wouldn't it be Tom Brady? He's been to 6 Superbowls, must be doing something right.

Len Dawson the master of the bootleg. Joe Theismann was good too, but his career was ended early when Lawrence Taylor broke his leg on Monday night football. I was watching the game live, and I will never forget that bone snapping sound. Sonny Jurgensen was great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back