Who is into RC Cars & Trucks????

Who here is into RC cars and trucks? I've got an original Tamiya Grasshopper, Traxxas Original Bigfoot and a Traxxas 2wd Slash.

I used to be into RC cars. Had a Tamiya Blackfoot and Falcon, Losi JRXT, and Associated RC-10T. Right now my son has a LaTrax Teton that costs $125 and I think is faster than anything I ever had.

I am. Unfortunately I have misplaced all my RC cars I had tons when I was a kid. They are in a box or tote around here somewhere.

I am, the first hobby grade rc I had was a Traxxas Nitrohawk, moved onto Nitro stampedes, Hpis. A few years ago i got into crawlers, I have a trx4 and a Axial scx10-2, I prefer the crawlers now because its alot harder for me to wreck one.
Finally I got back into a stampede, this time an electric one, It is a blast and parts are relatively cheap and plentiful.

I used to work with a group of guys and we would take our lunch hour and race around an empty lot where I used to work, that would get expensive real quick, those were some fun times!

I am. Unfortunately I have misplaced all my RC cars I had tons when I was a kid. They are in a box or tote around here somewhere.
I have several in a tote in the attic, mostly Nirto Stampedes, one which was crashed and broken into 3 pieces. I tried to sell them at one point but never found anyone interested. They are 20+ years old now, they were well used

I have several in a tote in the attic, mostly Nirto Stampedes, one which was crashed and broken into 3 pieces. I tried to sell them at one point but never found anyone interested. They are 20+ years old now, they were well used
That’s cool. Can’t remember what mine are it’s been so long lol. Don’t think I’ve seen the Nirto Stampedes but sounds cool.

That’s cool. Can’t remember what mine are it’s been so long lol. Don’t think I’ve seen the Nirto Stampedes but sounds cool.
The Nitro Stampedes were popular around the turn of the century, I started out with a NitroHawk in 93 and subsequently sold it to buy an air cooled Vw. I got back into the rc cars hot and heavy around 2000 again and it tapered off again. I would say I am a very casual enthusiast now.

The rc crawlers can be alot of fun, less likely to really wreck it however there is a whole other level of wear and tear if you run them in mud or water which of course is a big part of what they are for.

The Nitro Stampedes were popular around the turn of the century, I started out with a NitroHawk in 93 and subsequently sold it to buy an air cooled Vw. I got back into the rc cars hot and heavy around 2000 again and it tapered off again. I would say I am a very casual enthusiast now.

The rc crawlers can be alot of fun, less likely to really wreck it however there is a whole other level of wear and tear if you run them in mud or water which of course is a big part of what they are for.
That’s cool. I’d totally take a VW too lol.

So lots of guys were into RC cars at one time, me included. I have an Associated awd electric touring car outfit in a tote out in the garage. Raced them with my son in the early 2000s on carpet and hardwood. Should either get it running or sell it.

IMG_3878.JPG

I was way into R_/C cars and planes. I had a .21 gan engine dune buggy and several planes my dad and Ibuilt together. I used to drool over the Tower Hobbies catalog every day imaging all the planes we would build. Ah the innocence of youth. Wouldn't trade it for anything great memories.

I've only had RC helicopters in the past. Haven't flown them for quite awhile now.

I still play around with my hpi baja with a 2mm stroker and a ddm dominator pipe .

My brief venture into RC resulted in a ton of money spent and it ended in a mangled mess of aluminum and plastic.

Had a Traxxas Rustler VXL running dual 3S lipo and 31/76 gearing. Lost control on the airfield at max speed and picked up pieces for the rest of the day.

I used my King Cab.... for about a month.

I can see why the previous owner sold it. It had the front wheel alignment off.

I used it anyway.. Would have been a simple enough fix..

But, in my getting older age, I like real cars now.

:(

I remember back in the mid 1970s there was this SWEET remote control car at the local toy store called a Galoob Corvette. I wanted it so bad but it was like $50 and my parents said nada.

Back