Which would you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the topic of low/non silicate, phosphate free coolant very interesting and have read a lot of posts on this topic so I have to ask a question. Which of these two coolants should one use in their vehicle if their manual calls for silicate and phosphate free coolant such as Honda and Toyota? I ask this because I plan on replacing my coolant pretty soon and will flush out the entire system. The G-05 appears to be favored here on this board, but is not silicate free like the entended life coolants.
It appears that there is some confusion about these long life coolants and dex-cool. I have not seen any place sell dex-cool coolant in a long time, but i have seen places sell dex-cool equivalent anti-freeze all over the place. So I don't want people to get confused with me trying to compare dex-cool with the G-05.
I think that the extreme-life coolant would be prefered for those import vehicles such as Toyota and Honda over the G-05. There spec sheet indicate that both protect equally with a 50/50 coolant to water ratio.

ExtremeLife Antifreeze
ExtremeLife Spec Sheet
Zerex G-05
G-05 Spec Sheet

Thank for any reply...
smile.gif

I would use Honda Type II coolant because it's silicate and phosphate free. You can also use their Type I but you have to add water since it isn't premixed like Type II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back