Which wheels do you like better?

Two more pics that will be zero help. :)

Funny thing is, when I swapped the BBSs for the 225Ms yesterday I found the 225Ms to be less good looking than I thought they'd be. That said, we're talking nuances. As I said in an earlier reply, the BBS finish is glossy smooth, the 225Ms not so much. I seemed to notice that a lot yesterday after I put the 225Ms on.

Scott

IMG_2820.jpeg
IMG_3180 2.jpeg

Last edited:
So the main difference is you can rotate one set - but not the other ?
That is true, but I never rotate anyway on this car. The car is driven less than 1,000 miles per year. But even if was driven more I like to keep them on the same corner because they take a set and get scrubbed into the corner they live in. Rotating to increase tire life is not an issue for me.

Scott

Clearly the BMW wheels. The BBS are dated and do not fit the lines in the car.

Can I vote twice for the BBS, LOL! I just love that wheel style.

See, you guys are mirroring my problem!

One other factor I haven't mentioned is that the BBS CHs are no longer made (at least not without that stupid looking chrome ring on the rim edge). And the CHs have Cup 2 tires on them. I think I could get more money for the CH set.

Scott

See, you guys are mirroring my problem!

One other factor I haven't mentioned is that the BBS CHs are no longer made (at least not without that stupid looking chrome ring on the rim edge). And the CHs have Cup 2 tires on them. I think I could get more money for the CH set.

Scott
Let the universe decide. Put them BOTH up for sale and the first set that sells is the set you don't keep.

Not only do the BBS look better, but they're lighter, stronger, have better tires on them, and they modernize the E46 in a very OEM+ way.

The other wheels date the car, and not in a good way.

Just my 2
The style of the CHs are classically German looking. Funny thing is, NASCAR now uses center lock BBS wheels with this same style/spoke pattern.

Scott

Are you sure you don't want to keep both sets? They both have appeal for different reasons as stated above. Maybe run one set one year, then swap for the next year. For me, it would be kind of fun to be able to change up the car's appearance that easily.

Are you sure you don't want to keep both sets? They both have appeal for different reasons as stated above. Maybe run one set one year, then swap for the next year. For me, it would be kind of fun to be able to change up the car's appearance that easily.
Good point but I've been doing that for the last 4 or 5 years. For sure it's s a nice problem to have but I'll be 70 in just weeks. I have a lot of energy and desire left in me but I'm starting to slow down with respect to stuff like this. We have four cars that I meticulously maintain, a fully landscaped one acre lot that I designed, built and maintain, and I ride my road bicycles 4 to 5 thousand miles a year - so I'm busy. If nothing else I'd like to have a little more garage space.

I may even sell our E90, although I'm loathe to think about it. I love that car and enjoy driving it. But I think four cars might be too many given Sue and I are retired, and the amount of time I spend trying to keep them perfect.

Scott

IMG_6194.jpeg

Last edited:
The car is driven less than 1,000 miles per year.
I really hope there is no car payment on this car. How is it driven only a few hundred miles per year? What is the point of having so much money tied up in a depreciating possession? (not going to foolishly call it a depreciating asset as that's definitely an oxymoron) Sell the entire kit and put the money into a better option. But to answer the question, the BMW wheels are the only answer.

Back