WHICH Two-Cycle Oil to Use as an Automotive Add?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jmb106
Well you are an American, you live on the North American continent just like i do!
I might be North American, but I'm not an "American", I have socialized health care, I don't believe in baring arms and we are a peaceful nation that doesn't stick our nose in other countries fairs. We are very different countries, but the general public is the same and that's why I, and other Canadians like Americans!

Who else is gonna take all the snow you guys don't want in the south?
LOL.gif

Besides, our beer is better if you need another reason!!!!

08.gif
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Well you are an American, you live on the North American continent just like i do!
I might be North American, but I'm not an "American", I have socialized health care, I don't believe in baring arms and we are a peaceful nation that doesn't stick our nose in other countries fairs. We are very different countries, but the general public is the same and that's why I, and other Canadians like Americans!

Who else is gonna take all the snow you guys don't want in the south?
LOL.gif

Besides, our beer is better if you need another reason!!!!

08.gif
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I wish we had socialized medicine, and i don't own a gun,and IMHO we do stick are noses in other peoples business, and i agree the people are very much alike.
Right now i would like some snow to cool things down a bit!~
You got me on the beer! Joe

I wish we had socialized medicine, and i don't own a gun,and IMHO we do stick are noses in other peoples business, and i agree the people are very much alike.
Right now i would like some snow to cool things down a bit!~
You got me on the beer! Joe

Just funnin' with you, but we do have great beer!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
How funny, I also use the Lucas bottle
thumbsup2.gif
, I marked 2oz and 4oz on the bottle so that I can experiment with dosage amounts.

Great minds think alike
grin2.gif
(J/K)

It's a great little bottle that makes playing with the dosage easy and not messy trying to get it into your tank!

Even easier, by a good margin, is using a Sta-bil bottle, or similar contraption. You can slowly and carefully squeeze whatever fractions of an ounce you prefer up into the dispensing chamber.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ionbeam22
Has anyone given a thought as to if adding two cycle oil will cause fouling of the catalytic converter?

Typical TC-W3 dose is 1oz/5gallons of gas and will not harm the cat or 02 sensor. Do not use 2 cycle oil, use TC-W3 oil.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Has anyone given a thought as to if adding two cycle oil will cause fouling of the catalytic converter?

Typical TC-W3 dose is 1oz/5gallons of gas and will not harm the cat or 02 sensor. Do not use 2 cycle oil, use TC-W3 oil.

AD

I absolutely concur. From the homework I've done, I would not consider using anything that does not meet the TC-W3 standard.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk

I absolutely concur. From the homework I've done, I would not consider using anything that does not meet the TC-W3 standard.

Yes,

While one could, in most cases, get away with something else for a few times I just can't see the reason to risk such a move.

TC-W3 or nothing at all has been my way of doing this for many years.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: ADFD1

AD

That is a good and helpful piece of information. Thanks for clarifying that.

bombadier SPECIFICALLY PROHIBIT the use of TCW3 in their ROTAX powered products

API-TC is required, a different ( higher? ) spec oil

TC oil IIRC contains ash, and is not a good choice for the car engine. The TC-W3 is for water cooled engines, and seems to be the better choice for car engines. I prefer MMO but have been experimenting with TC-W3, and have no complaints with it.

Not "higher" that I can tell. Just different. The TC-W3 uses "ashless" dispersants, whereas the TC uses "low ash" additives. In the context of adding to the fuel in a 4-stroke engine, with cats, I don't want to put any metallic solids into the exhaust stream, where they might cause a problem. I want the 2C oil to do its job, and then burn completely and cleanly.

Well, Im using up my Lucas now, was looking towards MMO, but after the Dyson analysis, am going to try the Penn TC-W3 next.

Glad to have such a site with useful info.

I am currently running the SuperTech TC-W3, and it is not as effective in my 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT as the Pennzoil was. Noticeably not as smooth running, and mpg difference is all but not there. I will go back to PZ on my next fill up.

Originally Posted By: Michael Polutta
I am currently running the SuperTech TC-W3, and it is not as effective in my 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT as the Pennzoil was. Noticeably not as smooth running, and mpg difference is all but not there. I will go back to PZ on my next fill up.

Which PZ were you using, the expensive synthetic ester version (about $25 per gallon), or the much cheaper non-syn version (only $11 per gallon)?

All the anti-butt-dyno critics can kiss my {whatever} ... I'm using the expensive ester version, and absolutely love the results. I can offer no "hard science" to prove my observations, but the contrast is amazing between gasoline with FP+ only, and gasoline with FP+ and PZ TC-W3 Syn-ester. I will feed ALL of my vehicles this stuff until I can no longer find it anywhere.

In the future, I might experiment with a "lesser" non-syn TC-W3, but for now, I'm conflicted. Good science (comparing the performance of the products), or just enjoying really good performance??? Quite frankly, for what I'm getting, I'd happily keep paying for the expensive PZ syn TC-W3. We'll see. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back