Which tires --275/45/20

Was looking at a new set of tires and have found similar pricing on the following. wanted to get opinions between Falken, Kumho and Hankook.

I've installed 3 sets of Kumho tires recently and have been very satisfied. Two sets were summer tires and one set of winter tires.

Do you drive on the beach? I see you are on the SC coast... I'd go for a less aggressive Hankook personally out of those 3 in your area.

Falken Wildpeak if you do venture to the mountains in winter.

Falken Ziex s-tz
Kumho ECSTA
Hankook Ventus STRho
I go by Tire Rack ratings. The Kumho is not rated. They don't have that Falken so I used their highest rated Falken, the Wildpeak. The Hankook aren't bad but aren't great compared to the Wildpeak or the Michelin Crossclimate and Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus. The Scorpion is my current first choice, the CC second if I were in the market. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Falken Ziex s-tz
Kumho ECSTA
Hankook Ventus STRho
Wife’s suv. Porche Cayenne V6. Just normal road driving to and from work/ around town

How important is winter/snow performance? :unsure:

If it doesn't matter in SC, there's the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV or the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport

If you need at least some consideration for winter/snow, consider the Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS Plus

I would look at all season SUV/CUV tires that are rated XL load rating and minimum of V speed rating.
I don’t think any of the tires listed fit into that category.
For a Falken tire, the Azenis FK460 AS would work.
For a Kumho tire, the Krugen HP71

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Will start looking at some other options again.

Was looking at something mid price range bc we plan to only have the vehicle maybe another year . No offroad or winter driving. pretty much all highway

Came across a set of Yokohamas Advan Sport that seem decent. rated XL -110Y on closeout for $186 each. Will also look into some of the other options mentioned

Back