Which oils have the lowest pour point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which conventional motor oils and blends have the lowest pour point? I will not be using Mobil 1 anymore for the wintertime so I need to find a conventional or blend or 'synthetic' oil with a low pour point.

It is my understanding that Exxon-Mobil are going to use Group III base oil in Mobil 1 now rather than POAs. And keep the price of Mobil 1 the same or even raise the price. I am not falling for that routine. I will use something else. Mobil 1 is not even one of the choices anymore.

I have heard that Pennzoil conventional oil has a low pour point. I may use the Pennzoil conventional this winter.

Trop Artic semi is one of the very best low priced box store lubes on the market,also I might add Schaeffers 5w-30 7000 has a pour point at -41f,and a great add pac for a bit more $,check around.BL

M1 using Group III basestock. Is this some kind of web legend/rumor. From the Mobil1.com website:

Is Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology a fully synthetic motor oil?
Yes, it is. To meet the demanding requirements of today's specifications (and our customers' expectations), Mobil 1 with SuperSyn uses high-performance fluids, including polyalphaolefins (PAOs), along with a proprietary system of additives. Each Mobil 1 with SuperSyn viscosity grade uses a unique combination of synthetic fluids and selected additives in order to tailor the viscosity grade to its specific application.

Are there any authoritative references that substantiate this claim? At around $6/qt, regular M1 would become quite a ripoff if it went Group III.

Roger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back